Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Used OEM Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used OEM Windshield

I am having my windshield replaced and if these can be reused and someone is interested let me know.

Part is fine just some pitting, located in San Francisco. List is 450? Perhaps 100$ is fair?

If you think someone might want this let me know so I can tell the shop to save it for them.

Id be interested but $100 for used pitted glass seems high. If you want to give it away then let me know but I really don't have any extra money right now. how about a couple 12 packs of beer?

Comment

Free is fine, I had no idea if it had any value. The glass guy kept asking why I wanted it replaced. Might be too late though, PM me and I can ask the shop if they still have it.

Comment

Yeah i called a glass shop and they told me 200 installed

Comment

I was told by a glass guy and a insurance adjustor that all glasses came out of the same 4 factories. All they did was to change brand names. High end brand names charge more, eg. Sekurit, etc. All except Safelite, which came from China. Any truth to this?
          Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
          '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
          '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
          '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
          '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
          '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
          '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

sounds like they cracked it when they took it out. It would have been great to get a new windshield. If I didnt have bad luck, I wouldnt have any at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber E30 View Post
              That's a great deal, I had two quotes both $400 installed.
              @slowprogress

Comment

Since this info helped me I will share it.

Originally posted by Das Boots View Post
                I was told by a glass guy and a insurance adjustor that all glasses came out of the same 4 factories. All they did was to change brand names. High end brand names charge more, eg. Sekurit, etc. All except Safelite, which came from China. Any truth to this?
                I think this is pretty much true as the makers have consolidated. I found OEM 51311953990 which costs about 400$. Or NAGS FW00587GGYY. NAGS (National Auto Glass Specifications) parts numbers are used by everyone. This glass is made by Sekurit/Saint-Gobain and is I think the only non OEM make for the M3 and other German makes. The glass shop said this is the same as OEM for BMW which makes sense.

Originally posted by M5wanaB View Post
                sounds like they cracked it when they took it out. It would have been great to get a new windshield. If I didnt have bad luck, I wouldnt have any at all.
                Yea, cracking is common during removal. If I had known earlier someone wanted it I could have asked them to remove it differently perhaps.

Originally posted by JZM3 View Post
                That's a great deal, I had two quotes both $400 installed.
                I think this refers to installing the used glass.

Comment

no this is a new m3 windshield installed, made sure it was the bonded one specifically for the m3.

Comment

^ what company are you going through?
                    @slowprogress

Comment

Same, I was getting some chips filled at speedy glass, he said $210 installed with sekurit glass, honestly I was surprised too.

Comment

Working...
                      X