<FT> Trade good modified spindles for damaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <FT> Trade good modified spindles for damaged

I've got a pair of modified spindles here....they were done by GC as is clear to see in the pics. They're in fabulous shape, pretty much perfect I'd say. The housings are stock length, not shortened. I'd like to trade these for preferrably damaged housings. I need to send in this pair for an AST spindle build which means I'll be cutting off the tubes. I'd rather keep these good parts in service and work with damaged parts if possible.

My requirements are that the spindle itself be good. I don't care about the housing at all...bent, crushed, rusty...doesn't matter. But the spindle MUST be in great shape - the entire cast part. No rust, no damage, no scoring of any kind on the bearing surface.

I need to have this all done by the end of this week as I need to get them over there. Please email or contact me if you are interested. They are NOT for sale so please don't ask.

See pics........

Cheers.
    Last edited by RacerX; 06-28-2010, 02:43 AM.
    Jack

bump.......might be willing to sell these if there are no trades.
    Jack

Comment

Check with Billy Glavin JRIIIracing on this forum.
      sigpic
      2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
      2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
      2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
      2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
      2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

Comment

Hey-- I've got a pair of housings that suffered a bit of additional positive camber on the drivers side as a result of a spin on R-compound tires. Tiny bit of separation where the tube enters the knuckle/spindle. No damage to the spindles at all, but I'm in a jam none-the-less. If you'd like to work something out shoot me a pm or call at 704-779-9026 any time.

Cheers,

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by rThor234 View Post
          Hey-- I've got a pair of housings that suffered a bit of additional positive camber on the drivers side as a result of a spin on R-compound tires. Tiny bit of separation where the tube enters the knuckle/spindle. No damage to the spindles at all, but I'm in a jam none-the-less. If you'd like to work something out shoot me a pm or call at 704-779-9026 any time.

Cheers,

Ryan

A bump for Ryan - he is the nicest guy on Earth, and knows his shit.
          -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

Originally posted by rThor234 View Post
            suffered a bit of additional positive camber on the drivers side as a result of a spin on R-compound tires.
            How is that possible? Are these parts that weak? Or did you hit a kerb in the process?

Comment

^^Thanks AJ, I appreciate the good word.

Originally posted by e30rida View Post
              How is that possible? Are these parts that weak? Or did you hit a kerb in the process?
              The "damage" is ever-so-slight. Less than 1mm of separation where the tube enters the knuckle. That's still good enough for +1-1.5 degrees of camber in this case. I've seen this issue a good few times on race cars. Not necessarily a weak component (not at all) just a weak point. Lots of local BMW CCA, NASA, etc. BMW guys reinforce that area for that particular reason as a preventative measure. But of course, something has to give..

I apologize for the quick O/T-- will not happen again.

Comment

pm'd

Comment

Still wanting to do this?

Comment

Working...
                  X