No announcement yet.

BMW Reproduction Engine Compartment Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry. VIN number stickers???? There's gonna be alot of fraud going on with regard to replaced panels. I don't think it is in our best interest for these to be produced and widely available. Such things are already a curse of American muscle cars.
    Jack
    Arlington, TN

1990 BMW M3 - Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

They are the as close to OEM as I can make them. They are foil printed just like the OEM ones. I use a heat resistance vinyl. I have sold 400 + sets of the engine compartment labels. I am making labels that no one else makes. But you are correct in your statement about. It's funny when people are ready to pay whatever BMW asks and then when someone spends money and time recreating something NLA people suddenly decide it's too expensive! I guess some see the word Reproduction and they get scared it might look cheap or something. In some cases that might be true. But not it this case. I have spent a lot of money and time carefully recreating these labels to look just as good if not better than the originals. I am very picky about things I have an award winning M6 that is close to prefection as possible. I always make sure things look good before I sell them to anyone. As the saying goes "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can please all the people all of the time". Just email me at [email protected] for more details about my labels

Comment

Email me directly

Comment

In some cases you might be right, but not in this case. These Vin # labels are for show purposes only. And that is how I sell them. This is for anyone that wants to restore their BMW back to factory. That is the only reason not to mislead anyone into thinking they are anything but reproductions. Any one that has a trained eye will be able to see these are just reproductions.

Comment

email sent
            88 M3 DS 89 M3 Zinno

Comment

email sent

Comment

Originally posted by OneRealM3 View Post
                In some cases you might be right, but not in this case. These Vin # labels are for show purposes only. And that is how I sell them. This is for anyone that wants to restore their BMW back to factory. That is the only reason not to mislead anyone into thinking they are anything but reproductions. Any one that has a trained eye will be able to see these are just reproductions.
                Guys, just so you know....the VIN Sticker reproductions "do not" have the "BMW Logo" printed across the white tab on the end of the sticker (like they came from the Factory). I have some of Jim's VIN stickers on my M3 and I like them. They look very nice, however they "are not" exact replacements.

John

Comment

can we a sample of them please?
                  88 M3 DS 89 M3 Zinno

Comment

I just ordered a set of oem paint code sticker in alpinweiss from BMAparts and it cost $40. So I think these are cheap. I wish I knew of this earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by S14E30 View Post
                      L,

Do you have any pictures of the labels installed?
                      TIA
                      Is it real or is it Memorex? What do you think?

Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
                      '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
                      '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
                      '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
                      '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
                      '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
                      '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

How is the quality of those labels? $40.00 for how many?

Comment

I'm glad they are not exact copies. Every hobby/collectible is plagued by reproductions that are meant for good intentions, but end up being used for deception. I've collected camouflage German helmets from world war two for ten plus years. I can safely say that out of every ten camo helmets, nine are reproductions selling for thousands of dollars.
                          Last edited by JackinMidtown; 06-17-2010, 12:27 AM.
                          Jack
                          Arlington, TN

1990 BMW M3 - Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Originally posted by kiko View Post
                            It's funny when people are ready to pay whatever BMW asks and then when someone spends money and time recreating something NLA people suddenly decide it's too expensive!

It's the case with the Hartge wheel stickers I designed someone said it was expensive... I just found out that Hartge themselves used to charge alot more for them when they made them!

Well, I tell you what OneRealM3, I got 3 interested parties here in your stickers (for DS) if they're exact copies of the original. I'll happily pay your price which saves me the time, money and trouble of producing them myself and I THANK YOU for doing this.

I'm pretty sure that these stickers are nice reproduction but they ARE replicas. So you cannot compare them to what BMW charges.

Comment

Ordered and paid for!

Comment

Thank you again Kiko.

Comment

Working...
                                X