10W-60 ///M Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10W-60 ///M Oil

I priced some Castrol 10W-60 Motorsport Oil today at the local dealer and that stuff runs $12.25 per quart! Sheesh! Anybody have a better source? I don't want to start another oil thread, just interested in this oil.

Thanks,

John

Price does seem a bit high.I can probably get it a bit cheaper, but shipping would put it over the top!
    sigpic

Comment

^ Like Tom said, shipping is going to be the deal breaker most likely.
      The E30 M3 Renewed ~ Rebuilt ~ Re-engineered

www.ZeppieriMotorsport.com

E30 M3 Rebuild Thread

Comment

Hey , how are you Joe?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tom64 View Post
          Hey , how are you Joe?
          Good, PM Sent
          The E30 M3 Renewed ~ Rebuilt ~ Re-engineered

www.ZeppieriMotorsport.com

E30 M3 Rebuild Thread

Comment

Tischer has them for $10.50 each plus shipping or a kit of 6 liters with a filter for the e46 M3 for $88 including shipping. If you can find someone to buy the filter, you'll come out ahead.

Comment

The oil lists for $12.25 from BMW. I don't see why they would sell it for $10.50 because that's within a .50 of their cost and more trouble than it's worth (paper, toner, c/c fees which could put them in the negative). Also when oil is shipped it’s supposed* to be labeled with the appropriate HAZMAT info on the box (more shipping charges) or D.O.T. can fine the shipper so the $12.25 a quart locally is probably going to be the best deal unless you find someone doing some illegal shipping.
              Last edited by Jeremiah; 07-27-2010, 11:17 AM.

Originally posted by drinaldis
              I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

Tischer ships for free to all BMWCCA members just write FREE SHIP BMWCCA Member #....... in the comment section of the order. If that is the price advertised I say lift the offer and don't ask how they make any money on the transaction.
                1989 e30 m3 Zinnoberrot/Grey 256k Track/M3T
                1991 e30 m3 Alpinweiß/Schwartz 81k Garage Queen
                1991 325iX Diamantschwarz/M-Tech 110k Snowmobile (For Sale)
                1991 325ic Macau Blau/M-Tech 178k M-Tech Cabrio 5spd (For Sale)
                2002 Chevy 2500HD 8.1 Vortec, Alison Tranny, 4.10 gears

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah View Post
                  The oil lists for $12.25 from BMW. I don't see why they would sell it for $10.50 because that's within a .50 of their cost and more trouble than it's worth (paper, toner, c/c fees which could put them in the negative). Also when oil is shipped it’s supposed* to be labeled with the appropriate HAZMAT info on the box (more shipping charges) or D.O.T. can fine the shipper so the $12.25 a quart locally is probably going to be the best deal unless you find someone doing some illegal shipping.
                  http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...egoryID=123145

Comment

At that price Motul 8100 is a better oil, for a little more 300V... I know not an oil thread...
                    Rich!

Comment

Originally posted by junkyard_sal View Post
                      Tischer ships for free to all BMWCCA members just write FREE SHIP BMWCCA Member #....... in the comment section of the order. If that is the price advertised I say lift the offer and don't ask how they make any money on the transaction.
                      do they ship anything to BMWCCA members for free?

Comment

I believe that is the case. Free shipping for BMWCCA members.

Originally posted by Todd black 88 View Post
                        1989 e30 m3 Zinnoberrot/Grey 256k Track/M3T
                        1991 e30 m3 Alpinweiß/Schwartz 81k Garage Queen
                        1991 325iX Diamantschwarz/M-Tech 110k Snowmobile (For Sale)
                        1991 325ic Macau Blau/M-Tech 178k M-Tech Cabrio 5spd (For Sale)
                        2002 Chevy 2500HD 8.1 Vortec, Alison Tranny, 4.10 gears

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd black 88 View Post
                            I don't think they ship everything for free. They just have some package deals, such as oil change kits that include shipping. For most other items you do pay shipping, but their parts are discounted quite heavily so unless you need something fairly cheap, you still come out ahead even after paying shipping. Don't know if they ship to Canada though.

I also order parts through Crown BMW. Sometimes certain items are cheaper there and their customer service and promptness seems to be better.

Comment

I get total (rebranded elf) 10w50 @ $40 for a 5 lt jug. socal guys can hit me up if you want me to grab you some.
                              Chairman of the Bored--Live Sockets Entertainment

Comment

Working...
                              X