Riparetti Cylinder Head Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riparetti Cylinder Head Service

Just want to show you some of my brother's work, his machine shop is in Kuna, Idaho. He's in the process of going through my S14 for my 1975 "2002".

John Riparetti "Riparetti Cylinder Head Service" 831-682-2257

Comment

Comment

No offense, but I would be very upset if I had paid and received the port work on the right. Also, in most cases the rubber mounting gasket can seal against flat surfaces, but the porting effort has challenged the flange without reason.

https://s14net.vbulletin.net/filedat...696&type=thumb

Comment

• Doug Riparetti
          Doug Riparetti commented
          Editing a comment
          If this is regarding the 6th photo? That was the preliminary work, that should have been photo #5. Photo #5 is the finished work. I got the photos out of sequence

Man, I was about to say the same thing but doubted my own opinion in favor of friendly restraint. I feel better that I am not alone, but sorry for Doug in view of the present cost of a new head. Unless he knows more about air flow inside an S14 engine than every one else, I'd say strip it back down, have it flow bench tested and get ready for a bad report. That thing looks like someone's first attempt before doing any reading or thinking on the subject. Silicone seal to the rescue. I would be very interested in seeing a dyno plot for that engine. After all, pretty is as pretty does. Nice paint job. Good luck.
        /Walter Boggs

Comment

Let's clear something up. I'm not running the ITB''s, I'm running (4)- 44mm Mikuni round-slide motorcycle carbs. The adapters and the head are port matched to the factory gaskets.

Comment

Here's a little back ground on my brother John;

He graduated in 1980 from Universal Technical institute as diesel mechanic

He is a ASE Master Machinist, for both gas and diesel

He's owned an automotive machine shop dating back to 1993, specializing in cylinder heads and building motors for local competitors at our local circle track

He built the motor that brought me a track championship at Madera Speedway in California in 1999. He built the motors that finished 1st, 4th and 9th in that racing season

He took a stock Toyota 3TC motor that made 70 rear wheel horse power, built it to 1924cc that put out 170 rear wheel horse power (the motor I won my championship with). That motor had 13.5 to 1 compression, Peterson Dry Sump System, Howard's Roller Rockers, and a Electromotive Crank Trigger Ignition

As a car owner, his drive won the "Rookie of the Year" at Meridian Speedway in Idaho, 201, with the motor John built

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=Doug Riparetti;n1251735]Here's a little back ground on my brother John;

He graduated in 1980 from Universal Technical institute in Phoenix Az as a diesel mechanic

He is a ASE Master Machinist, for both gas and diesel

He's owned an automotive machine shop dating back to 1993, specializing in cylinder heads and building motors for competitors at our local circle track

He built the motor that brought me a track championship at Madera Speedway in California in 1999. He built the motors that finished 1st, 4th and 9th in that racing season

He took a stock Toyota 3TC motor that made 70 rear wheel horse power, built it to 1924cc that put out 170 rear wheel horse power (the motor I won my championship with). That motor had 13.5 to 1 compression, Peterson Dry Sump System, Howard's Roller Rockers, (4)-44mm Mikuno round-slide motorcycle carbs, and a Electromotive Crank Trigger Ignition

As a car owner, his drive won the "Rookie of the Year" at Meridian Speedway in Idaho, 2016, with the motor John built

Comment

Comment

Dyno'd my car last month with the motor my brother built, 209.14 to the rear wheels. Carrillo Rods, 94.5mm CP 11.1 to 1, Supertech Performance valvles, ARP stud kit for the crank and head, Electromotive crank trigger ignition. Happy with the resulrs....

Comment

Working...
                    X