WTB: BBS E50 - Replicas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: BBS E50 - Replicas

I might be chasing unobtanium, however it can't hurt to ask. I am looking for a set of BBS E50 replica wheels in a 5x120 ET20 fitment. My research has revealed that a company called AGS made E50 recreations, not sure if they are still in business or still make them. The only reference for AGS I could find is a karting company in Australia.

The wheel looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1273540

If you have a set, or know of a set that is available, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

Hi Magnus

I know the guy who manufactures the replicas let me ask him if he has a set. Preference on colour?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by foxworth View Post
      Hi Magnus

I know the guy who manufactures the replicas let me ask him if he has a set. Preference on colour?

Thanks
      Gold centers as pictured would be perfect.

Comment

He has none but I’ve seen quite a few come up for sale in the past year or so. I’ll ask around

Comment

I believe that, with a minimum order quantity, BBS will still produce these for you.

Not sure if the replicas are aluminum or magnesium like the originals, or if you have a preference.
          1988 Lachs - sold
          1988 DS - sold
          Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Konig, my understanding is that BBS no longer manufactures the E50 center sections. The replicas have aluminum centers which are less likely to crack verses the magnesium centers (or that's what my research thus far has revealed). Others may have information to the contrary. Certainly would appreciate any clarification.

Comment

UPDATE: After some searching I found the maker of the BBS E50 replicas (Arden Grant - AGS Wheels) out of the UK. He makes the E50 center replicas and assembles the wheel to your specifications. He indicated he needs a minimum commitment of 20 centers to produce a batch. Hopefully he'll get firm requests over the next couple of months so I can get an order placed with him.

If you are thinking about BBS E50 replicas I would encourage you to reach out to him and inquire. I found him through www.ebay.co.uk (ardengrant).

Comment

Did he give you a price?

Comment

Broken88 - sent you a PM.

Comment

mwagner10702 could you PM me as well please? What size are the faces / can the faces be built into?
                    1988 Lachs - sold
                    1988 DS - sold
                    Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Konig - Sent you a PM.

Comment

Still interested in purchasing a used set (17x8, et20 5x120) as I don't know for sure if Arden will have enough commitments to begin machining the centers. If you have a set you are interested in selling, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

Comment

PM me, I have a real set of E50's on my M3 that I might be willing to sell. However I built them up at 16". PM me an e-mail and I could send some pictures if you're interested.

Comment

///Morris - PM sent.

Comment

Do you know if the centers have to be 5x120? I'm interested in a set, but for my 911. Also, I'm curious on the price, if you could PM that'd be awesome. Thanks!
                              1987 325is - 185-195k
                              1988 M3 - 141k

Comment

Working...
                              X