WTB; Revolution RFX, 16x8, single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB; Revolution RFX, 16x8, single

Got a set of 4, just looking for a spare for upcoming road trip this fall...

Text is great on 970 to two too 9597

Thanks.
    Dave.
    Dave.
    76 M2

Upon further reflection, I'd take another full set if someone has some they don't want anymore.
    Dave.
    76 M2

Comment

Good luck in your search.
      These things used to be everywhere. They were THE track wheel for the E30M3 before the Kosei K1 came out.
      I love the way they look on an E30M3.
      jimmy p.
      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
      92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
      98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
      04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Thanks Jimmy. I've got one set of the 16x8, they're a little big on the 2002, but definitely draw comment. I've got a set of the Kosei in 15x8, which no longer fit due to the new Rallye brakes, and I just picked up a set of the Kosei in 16x7 with 15mm spacers. Don't look nearly as cool...
        Dave.
        76 M2

Comment

Originally posted by irdave View Post
          Thanks Jimmy. I've got one set of the 16x8, they're a little big on the 2002, but definitely draw comment. I've got a set of the Kosei in 15x8, which no longer fit due to the new Rallye brakes, and I just picked up a set of the Kosei in 16x7 with 15mm spacers. Don't look nearly as cool...
          I thought that the Rally kit was made to fit inside 15x8 K1s?
          I have a very similar brake setup to what the Rally kit is (virtually identical) and mine fits inside 15x8 K1s.
          Now I cannot balance with stick on weights inside the barrel and out of my ~8 sets of K1s I have a few that ever so slightly self clearanced the first time I used them, but I have been running those wheels over those brakes for a really long time.
          jimmy p.
          04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Edit: moved my response to a PM as it was off topic for a WTB thread.

Good luck in the search Dave. Someone's gotta have a set of Revolution's tucked away somewhere

Last edited by Mick; 07-19-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
              Edit: moved my response to a PM as it was off topic for a WTB thread.

Good luck in the search Dave. Someone's gotta have a set of Revolution's tucked away somewhere
              I got you Mick. For posterity, the original Rallye kit did indeed fit inside the 15x8 K1. Apparently those calipers are no longer available from Wilwood and the replacements are just so slightly larger, and don't easily fit inside the 15x8 K1's. Sucks as the 15's look much better on my car, but the brakes are so much better (as noted elsewhere) that I don't really care anymore.

And to add, I'm thinking about trying some 15x8 Revolutions as well- maybe I get lucky? So if those are out there too...
              Dave.
              76 M2

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post

I thought that the Rally kit was made to fit inside 15x8 K1s?
                I have a very similar brake setup to what the Rally kit is (virtually identical) and mine fits inside 15x8 K1s.
                Now I cannot balance with stick on weights inside the barrel and out of my ~8 sets of K1s I have a few that ever so slightly self clearanced the first time I used them, but I have been running those wheels over those brakes for a really long time.
                Alright Jimmy, since we're OT but relevant, which calipers are you using and are they on the 11.75x1.25 rotors? Maybe a change of caliper would open up the world of 15" wheels once again.
                Dave.
                76 M2

Comment

Alright Jimmy, since we're OT but relevant, which calipers are you using and are they on the 11.75x1.25 rotors? Maybe a change of caliper would open up the world of 15" wheels once again.
                  Hi Dave,
                  Sorry I completely forgot there were two versions of the Rally kit. Wilwood and I think AP calipers if I remember right.
                  I was not aware the later versions did not fit inside 15s.
                  My brake setup proceeded the Rally kit, I use all Wilwood calipers (SL6R front and Forged Superlights in the rear).
                  Yep 11.75 x 1.25 rotors.
                  Geoff Atkinson designed and drew the caliper brackets, then we had them machined. We literally made it to fit into a K1. That was the model we used.

FWIW when I built my brakes the one thing that broke my heart is that it did not fit inside my Revolutions and I sold them all.
                  It "only" and I mean only fits inside K1s and at that just barely (as in I cant even put a stick on weight in the barrel).
                  Due to some mfg tolerances (or lack of?) on the K1s some of mine actually self clearanced the first time on LOL.
                  They are all fine now though haha.
                  jimmy p.
                  04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post

Hi Dave,
                    Sorry I completely forgot there were two versions of the Rally kit. Wilwood and I think AP calipers if I remember right.
                    I was not aware the later versions did not fit inside 15s.
                    My brake setup proceeded the Rally kit, I use all Wilwood calipers (SL6R front and Forged Superlights in the rear).
                    Yep 11.75 x 1.25 rotors.
                    Geoff Atkinson designed and drew the caliper brackets, then we had them machined. We literally made it to fit into a K1. That was the model we used.

FWIW when I built my brakes the one thing that broke my heart is that it did not fit inside my Revolutions and I sold them all.
                    It "only" and I mean only fits inside K1s and at that just barely (as in I cant even put a stick on weight in the barrel).
                    Due to some mfg tolerances (or lack of?) on the K1s some of mine actually self clearanced the first time on LOL.
                    They are all fine now though haha.

I just took a quick look at my 16" Revolutions, and it looks like it (the 15) would clear with a 10mm spacer, provided the inside shape of the wheel was the same. Did you not find that to be the case?
                    Dave.
                    76 M2

Comment

I just took a quick look at my 16" Revolutions, and it looks like it (the 15) would clear with a 10mm spacer, provided the inside shape of the wheel was the same. Did you not find that to be the case?
                      I never tried spacers on mine.
                      This was alot of years ago but I think we measured the ID of the barrel on the 15" Revolution and it was very slightly smaller than the K1.
                      Then we said screw it lets try anyway and did a test fit and it was a no go.
                      jimmy p.
                      04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

irdave,

I have a set of 15" revolutions taking up space if you're interested. PM an offer to me if you'd like The RA1's a just wheel protectors at this time though
                        1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
                        1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
                        1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Working...
                        X