Feeler: 18 inch BBS racing GT-2 wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler: 18 inch BBS racing GT-2 wheels

Might be letting these gems go. A set of BBS racing GT-2 wheels. They are 18x8.5 et12 front and 18x9.5 et22 rear. BBS part numbers are RY206 (fronts) RY207 (rears)
    As you can see, the center caps have been replaced with BMW logos.
    BBS centers are easy to come by for those who prefer BBS center logos.
    The center sections are forged magnesium. They are nice to say the least!:cool:
    This is just a feeler at the moment, as I might just decide to put them on my car..:yup:
    However, if someone makes me a nice offer on them, I`ll let them go.
    If you are a serious buyer, please PM me your offer.:Apu:
    Here are a couple pics, more to come.

This last pic is one I found of an E36 M3 with the same wheels. The E36 fitment
    has different offsets of course, and the center sections are mounted on the outside.

Are they racing wheels? Isnt the spokes supposed to be caved in for weight reduction? I have 3 sets of the BBS GT race wheels in my Pcars and all of them has the hollow inner spokes. Anyways its still a nice set you have. Wish they where 17s. GL with your sale.

Photobucket
    Last edited by atan888; 12-13-2008, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atan888 View Post
      Are they racing wheels? Isnt the spokes supposed to be caved in for weight reduction? I have 3 sets of the BBS GT race wheels in my Pcars and all of them has the hollow inner spokes. Anyways its still a nice set you have. Wish they where 17s. GL with your sale.

They are called racing GT II. Not sure if they are used in races or not.
      The centers are forged magnesium, so that might save some weight. :tiny:

RY200 8.0x18 50 5/130.0
      PORSCHE 964
      RY201 10.0x18 53 5/130.0
      PORSCHE 964
      RY202 8.5x18 56 5/130.0
      PORSCHE 993

RY203 10.0x18 65 5/130.0
      PORSCHE 993

RY209 10.0x18 30 5/130.0
      PORSCHE 993 turbo
      RY204 8.0x18 38 5/120.0
      BMW E36/E46/Z3
      RY205 9.0x18 45 5/120.0
      BMW E36/E46/Z3
      RY206 8.5x18 12 5/120.0
      BMW E34/32/38/39
      RY207 9.5x18 22 5/120.0
      BMW E34/32/38/39
      RY208 10.0x18 20 5/114.3
      NISSAN GTR R33
      RY210 8.5x18 35 5/108.0
      FERRARI 348/355/512
      RY211 10.5x18 63 5/108.0
      FERRARI 348/355/512
      RY212 9.5x18 36 C/L_5/130
      993 RSR/GT-Ⅱ
      RY213 11.0x18 38 C/L_5/130
      993 RSR/GT-Ⅱ

Comment

Those are a nice set of wheels! Good luck!

Comment

Wish they are 17" :(
          Because anything worth doing is worth doing fanatically!
          Born date 01/88
          Ryan

Comment

Photobucket
            Atan - you have the newer version.

From my understanding... the Mag ones had a tendency to have hairline cracks, and should be x-rayd to verify integrity.

the newer ones, the ones you have, are aluminum. BBS worked out the cracking issue with these.

OP, nice wheels, i have a set of front mount ones in 17 inch. I believe your required to post a price in for sale threads

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
            they are not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              I believe your required to post a price in for sale threads
              Not really Everything around here is offer
              Because anything worth doing is worth doing fanatically!
              Born date 01/88
              Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                Atan - you have the newer version.

From my understanding... the Mag ones had a tendency to have hairline cracks, and should be x-rayd to verify integrity.

the newer ones, the ones you have, are aluminum. BBS worked out the cracking issue with these.

OP, nice wheels, i have a set of front mount ones in 17 inch. I believe your required to post a price in for sale threads
                Do you have any documented cases of your "understanding"?

I contacted BBS Japan directly by phone and they told me there hasn`t been such issues an issue with these wheels. They went on to say that ANY wheels used in a performance setting should be checked periodically for bends or cracks. We all know
                that old aluminum can become bent or cracked as well.
                F1 teams use new wheels each race. :yup:
                They did say magnesium wheels tend to rust faster than aluminum wheels though.

These wheels are in excellent condition.
                I appreciate the conversation, but I would appreciate it if baseless rumors or knowledge not be part of it.

Comment

More pics...
                  These wheels have a huge amount of brake clearance. :burnbaby:

Comment

Originally posted by EDOM3 View Post
                    Do you have any documented cases of your "understanding"?

I contacted BBS Japan directly by phone and they told me there hasn`t been such issues an issue with these wheels. They went on to say that ANY wheels used in a performance setting should be checked periodically for bends or cracks. We all know
                    that old aluminum can become bent or cracked as well.
                    F1 teams use new wheels each race. :yup:
                    They did say magnesium wheels tend to rust faster than aluminum wheels though.

These wheels are in excellent condition.
                    I appreciate the conversation, but I would appreciate it if baseless rumors or knowledge not be part of it.
                    just what the motorsports salesman from BBS GMBH told me when i spoke with him regarding rebuilding the first of 3 set of these wheels.

And just for some more baseless rumors, these are called BBS modular race wheels, not GTII, which they are commoly miss-called:craze:

nice wheels, free bump!

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                    they are not idiots.

Comment

Ok, maybe you should call BBS Japan and correct them.

Comment

Dont mean to be negative Edo but Eric is right. Your wheels are nice but same story was said to me by Carnewal a BBS distributor in Germany. They dont recommend to buy used magnesium wheels. They tends to crack and are not suitable for street use. And for track use 18s are a bit too big for our cars but they would be perfect for the e36.
                        Last edited by atan888; 12-18-2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Dont mean to be negative Edo but Eric is right. Your wheels are nice but same story was said to me by Carnewal a BBS distributor in Germany. They dont recommend to buy used magnesium wheels. They tends to crack and are not suitable for street use. And for track use 18s are a bit too big for our cars but they would be perfect for the e36.

Weren`t you just asking $5k for a set of 18s a while ago Atan?
                          Perhaps if these were your wheels, you`d be singing a different tune?
                          I don`t remember anyone clogging your thread with their opinions.
                          I`d appreciate the same respect.

Comment

Edo I dont mean to clog or disrespect your thread. This is a public forum everyone is entitle to thier opinion and I even mentioned your wheels being nice. And yes I did sell my own personal wheels for 5k and the buyer was happy. Is there something wrong with that? And I would always list an asking price on everything I sell. If you dont like opinions list it on Ebay.
                            Last edited by atan888; 12-18-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Since this thread is going sideways anyway, I will ask: Why are you posting wheels in "for sale" without an asking price and saying you "might" sell them if someone makes you a generous offer? That is not illegal I suppose, and may or may not be against forum rules, I am not sure. But I can tell you beyond any doubt it is annoying and obnoxious....

If you want to sell them, put them for sale with an asking price. If you just want people to admire your (admittedly cool) wheels, maybe just post some pics in Off Topic?

Comment

Working...
                              X