• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staggered set of BBS RG 16"x7.5" et20 & 16"x8.5" et24 - 5x120

Front

Front

Rear

Rear

This is a very nice set of BBS RG, staggered 16"x7.5" et20 and 16"x8.5" et24, 5x120. Rear wheels have a slightly larger lip. There is no curb rash on this set and no bends or damage of any kind. They are a little dirty in the pics and the paint is faded. They should be painted or powder coated to be perfect. No center caps, tires are old and will be removed. $800 plus shipping.

Thanks,
    Shane Snyder
    443-745-7824

Email/Paypal is [email protected]

You have PM
    sigpic

Comment

These may not be RG's. I had this issue when I was buying what were thought to be RG's.

The 5x120 16x7.5/8.5 BBS RZ's had the same shape as the RG005/006 unlike all the other RZ's

RG's only came with platinum color centers, not silver or gold.

If these are RG's, they will say "GESCHMEDET" (translates to forged I believe) and RG005 under the center cap. If they are RZ323's they will say 323 and weigh about 19lb instead of 16lb. Same goes for RG006/RZ324

Note in the below catalog page, even though they switched the RZ and RA labels, the RZ at the top right looks like your wheels.

This is the platinum color that RG's came in

Comment

Originally posted by constructor View Post
        These may not be RG's. I had this issue when I was buying what were thought to be RG's.

The 5x120 16x7.5/8.5 BBS RZ's had the same shape as the RG005/006 unlike all the other RZ's

RG's only came with platinum color centers, not silver or gold.

If these are RG's, they will say "GESCHMEDET" (translates to forged I believe) and RG005 under the center cap. If they are RZ323's they will say 323 and weigh about 19lb instead of 16lb. Same goes for RG006/RZ324

Note in the below catalog page, even though they switched the RZ and RA labels, the RZ at the top right looks like your wheels.

This is the platinum color that RG's came in

Those are definitely forged RGs. Take a look at his wheels and the ones you pictured as a comparison. The main difference between the 16" RZ and the 16" RZ is the way the lip meets the centers.

As you can see, his wheels have the same little lip (the area beneath the mesh design) between the wheel's center and the horizontal lip.

The RZ's mesh center spokes go all the way to the edge of the lip and the center.

OP, you should post these on mye28.com and bigcoupe.com as well!
        Need a good mechanic/fabricator/performance shop in SoCal?
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155404

Castro Motorsport

12600 Sherman Way, Unit C
        North Hollywood, CA 91605
        (818) 765-3606

The Purple ///Monster Build:
        http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47251

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
          Those are definitely forged RGs. Take a look at his wheels and the ones you pictured as a comparison. The main difference between the 16" RZ and the 16" RZ is the way the lip meets the centers.

As you can see, his wheels have the same little lip (the area beneath the mesh design) between the wheel's center and the horizontal lip.

The RZ's mesh center spokes go all the way to the edge of the lip and the center.

OP, you should post these on mye28.com and bigcoupe.com as well!
          Not true. Unlike almost every other RZ, 16x7.5/8.5 5x120 RZ's have the exact same shape as 16" 5x120 RG's. look at my post above. The wheel in the upper right of the first image is an RZ. the second image is an RG. E38 RZ's also have a different lip than most RZ's

I have RZ 323's and they look exactly the same as OP's wheels. Mine are definitely not forged and definitely not 16lb. I believe I see the number 323 on the center of the wheel in OP's second pic.

Comment

I believe I see the number 323 on the center of the wheel in OP's second pic.
            Good eye!

Ok, now i'm confused... The front wheels are stamped 323, and the rear wheels are stamped 324. So these are cast RZ323 & RZ324?

Wasn't trying to misrepresent the wheels, they came on an e24 m6 I just bought and I didn't know exactly what they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane Snyder View Post
              Good eye!

Ok, now i'm confused... The front wheels are stamped 323, and the rear wheels are stamped 324. So these are cast RZ323 & RZ324?

Wasn't trying to misrepresent the wheels, they came on an e24 m6 I just bought and I didn't know exactly what they were.
              Correct. These are cast RZ323's and RZ324's. Didn't think you were trying to misrepresent. These are confusing wheels (visually identical other than color). Very few RG005/RG006's exist because of their cost when new. I have been looking for a set for a long time now.

Comment

Correct. These are cast RZ323's and RZ324's. Didn't think you were trying to misrepresent. These are confusing wheels (visually identical other than color). Very few RG005/RG006's exist because of their cost when new. I have been looking for a set for a long time now.
                Sweet rims, I am interested in the 8.5 rears if you are willing to split them up. Not to steal your thread but I assume RG 004 part of the 005/006 series? This is my set below. They each weight 16.4lb and all are 7.5x16 ET18 with original platinum centers.

Last edited by fronton; 07-27-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

what ever the heck model they are they are really nice wheels at a great price. Bump.
                  Only one stop shop - New, Used & Euro Parts.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Dinan used to put those wheels on E28 M5s before they went to Fikses.

Comment

Working...
                    X