FS: Brand New BBS 106 17X8.5 ET 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Brand New BBS 106 17X8.5 ET 18

Set of 4 BBS LM 106 wheels, size 17x8.5 ET 18.
    Brand new in the boxes (2 wheels per box)...Only one box has been opened.

$3500 Firm. Paypal accepted. Will ship in original packaging from BBS (double boxed)...Each box is 21x21x21 inches and weighs 56 pounds.

I impulse bought these LMs in the last group buy with VAC about two years ago. Eight months after my down payment I got the wheels...Sadly it was the middle of winter, and I wasn't about to put them on and tempt driving around on recently salted roads.
    By the time April rolled around I was wrapped up in other projects and never got around to getting them on my car (I know I deserve to be taken out and beaten for letting these just sit).

Price is Firm. This isn't really a sale I have to make, but it's December and they are still sitting in my closet...and now they'll have to sit another 5 months. I have had plenty of time to make good use of these beauties and now I've got to see if someone else wants them.

Do you happen to know if the rear wheels can be converted to a larger width? 10" would be preferred but I've heard BBS won't make them.
    Justin T.

Comment

LMs are two piece and can not be converted to be wider. Unless you can somehow
      source the whole barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by chutrain View Post
        LMs are two piece and can not be converted to be wider. Unless you can somehow
        source the whole barrel.
        +1...
        Yeah the 10" rears or staggered sets pop up very rarely...I imagine sourcing 10" barrels would be just as difficult.

I remember seeing a staggered set come up for sale back when the group buy was going. I personally preferred the square setup though...The added visual just wasn't enough reason to possibly induce understeer on a car I have primarily because of its handling characteristics.

Shipping is included within the U.S. lower 48 at the advertised price.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by kcRealM3 View Post
            +1...
            Yeah the 10" rears or staggered sets pop up very rarely...I imagine sourcing 10" barrels would be just as difficult.

I remember seeing a staggered set come up for sale back when the group buy was going. I personally preferred the square setup though...The added visual just wasn't enough reason to possibly induce understeer on a car I have primarily because of its handling characteristics.

I'm in the process of boosting my S14 so I'm going to need/want some rubber out back. For safety.

Although I could probably slap on some 255s on the 8.5" but then I'd be defeating the purpose of square.
            Last edited by em3emcee; 12-02-2011, 11:45 AM.
            Justin T.

Comment

+1...

I love these flat face LMs. I came very close in buying a new set. The only thing that held me back was the 8.5 that will be on the rear. The +18 offset just wasn't a bonus either. Although, I saw people mounted the faces behind the barrel lips to achieve a lower offset.

I recall alvin's (atan888) silver m3 had 10 on the rear and it looked awesome. Who cares about understeer...if any.

Comment

Pending sale...

Yes...Alvin's car truly is a piece of art. It couldn't have been easy ditching those Hartge's that he had on it before the LM's though...but that photoshoot he posted with the LM's and the custom performance interior was amazing. Remember his car was a boosted Dinan though...so I agree much better use of the extra width there.

Comment

funds transferred.....I'm stoked. Now I need to decide if I want to sell my collection of BBS RK's!!

Matt, if you didn't see what they are going to be mounted on..... http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53966

Comment

Originally posted by Justin(OKC) View Post
                    funds transferred.....I'm stoked....[/url]
                    Congrats, nice pickup. They will look great on the Henna.

.... It couldn't have been easy ditching those Hartge's that he had on it before the LM's though....
                    I actually bought the Hartge's from him when he got the LM's.

Originally posted by SlideM3 View Post
                    I love these flat face LMs. I recall alvin's (atan888) silver m3 had 10 on the rear and it looked awesome. Who cares about understeer...if any.
                    And when he sold the silver M3 the new owner hit me up on a trade for the Hartge's. Now the staggered LM's are on my AW car. And yes I don't care about the understeer.

Rey
                    "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Originally posted by Justin(OKC) View Post
                      funds transferred.....I'm stoked. Now I need to decide if I want to sell my collection of BBS RK's!!

Matt, if you didn't see what they are going to be mounted on..... http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53966
                      Wow. So Yeah...I have to admit your car deserves these babies more than mine. Glad they're going to good home! I've got some of the same Evo interior bits but those cabrio door panels and center console are sick!
                      I'd think you could safely sell your 17" RK's and hold out for some gold centered LM's if that second group buy ends up going through...:yup:
                      Last edited by kcRealM3; 12-02-2011, 03:27 PM. Reason: add quote..

Comment

Dropped the wheels off at Fedex this morning...You should receive them on Tuesday. Thanks for the quick and easy transaction Justin! They'll look great on the henna!

Comment

Working...
                        X