Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS RC090 need wheel spacer ?

Hi Guys

I have BBS RC090 Style-5 17x8 im planning to install them into my E30M3 whart is recommended tyre size for front and rear , also if im planing to use wheel spacer which size i can use ?

thanks

I believe most run at least a 5mm spacer on the front to clear the caliper, or you can remove the anti-rattle clips.

Tire size would generally be 215/40 all the way around with no problems.
    Or step it up to 235/40 and deal with occasional rubbing in the front under full lock.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E30 325is / E30 318i / E36 ti / Alfa Romeo

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
      Hi Guys

I have BBS RC090 Style-5 17x8 im planning to install them into my E30M3 whart is recommended tyre size for front and rear , also if im planing to use wheel spacer which size i can use ?

thanks
      i am running the same setup with a 215 tire in front and a 235 tire in the back with a 5mm spacer up front and a 15mm spacer out back and love the look..
      sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Also, you'll need hub-centric rings to adapt the hub diameter.
        David
        Redwood City, CA

Comment

If you opt for custom spacers, you can have them made 72 to 74.1mm and not have to worry about those little rings. I recommend 7-10mm and longer lug bolts should be used as well.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
          85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Custom spacers (one-piece hub & spacer) can't be fabricated unless the spacer is 10 mm thick or more. I've done the CAD and the FEA to prove it.
            David
            Redwood City, CA

Comment

Originally posted by drinaldis View Post
              Also, you'll need hub-centric rings to adapt the hub diameter.
              X2..forgot all about that..
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drinaldis View Post
                Custom spacers (one-piece hub & spacer) can't be fabricated unless the spacer is 10 mm thick or more. I've done the CAD and the FEA to prove it.
                I have some in 7mm, machined by a guy on R3vlimited. It is completely hubcentric and fits like a glove.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro View Post
                  If you opt for custom spacers, you can have them made 72 to 74.1mm and not have to worry about those little rings. I recommend 7-10mm and longer lug bolts should be used as well.
                  I'm using a 57mm stud conversion and works like a charm and fits behind the RC090 center caps as well..
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro View Post
                    I have some in 7mm, machined by a guy on R3vlimited. It is completely hubcentric and fits like a glove.
                    Fit isn't the issue. Strength is however. Don't be surprised if the hub-centric ring area snaps off the spacer.....

That being said, I agree, it probably won't kill you or cause the wheel to de-center but it's no way to design/fabricate parts. That is all.
                    David
                    Redwood City, CA

Comment

Guys

Do you recommed to go with stunds converstion and do you think studs will touch wheel cap ?

Comment

Working...
                      X