E30 M3 Chuckwalla CW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manalo View Post
    Hey Pat. Awesome video! Always been a fan of your car! Got me rethinking about getting my ass out there with ya. I'll check the calendar for this year and hope to spend some track time with ya. Funny thing is, i haven't touched the car since we last saw each other, still have the old Ecsta take offs..LOL!
    Hi Carlo,

It's been a long time! Thanks...unfortunately I was just about the slowest in the race group. Yes, let's try to schedule something at Chuckwalla together. You definitely need to let your M3 stretch it's legs! I think both you and I need to get some new tires before we go. Those tires you have are all heat cycled out, you'll have so much track time at CVR that you will run out of gas. I ran nearly 150 miles and was getting approx. 7 -8 mpg that day.

Anyone else (Mavrickno) who would like to make an E30 M3 track day let me know and if there's enough interest I can post the details here. Otherwise, I will keep the details via PM. We might have at least 3 so far.

Pat
    Pat

Comment

Looking forward to it, Pat. In the meantime, time to get the car ready. I'm trying to schedule my trackways for the year as you know I'm mainly on two wheels but this is a goal for the year for me.

Comment

Looking forward to it too Carlo. Hey just a heads up, I'm dealing with the loss of a family member so I was thinking closer to the late April/early May timeframe? There will probably be a few other cars we can scrap with that will be going (Lotus Elise, S2000 and Mustang GT350 - maybe not scrap with the Mustang =).
        Pat

Comment

Keep me posted, I would be interested in a M3 track day.
          Dan

88 M3
          Black on Black

San Diego, CA
          USA

Comment

I will keep everyone posted, the more the merrier!
            Pat

Comment

Hey guys, I plan on doing a trackday at Chuckwalla - Desert Center, CA. again. I'm coordinating with some friends of mine and don't know if it will be a Sat. or Sun. yet, but it will be the weekend of Dec. 9th or Dec. 10th.

We plan on running in the "Open Class" race class. There is also a "Point By" class. Follow the link and you can click on the Tabs for the different classes and see how many spots are still available.

https://trackintel.com/ti/cvr/starca...27Aw&mv_pc=373

I'll be registering this weekend, so I should be able to post which one I sign up for soon. I'll keep you guys posted and if anyone needs directions I can send some info. your way.

Pat - hope to see some of you guys out there.
              Pat

Comment

Chuckwalla is too far for me, but I gotta say after watching the video I really like the circuit. Like Thunderhill, it has no walls other obstructions to hit if you f*** up. That's important to me....because ......reasons.

Comment

Hi Iron,
                  I totally agree on why Chuckwalla is so great. I want to let it hang out, without the consequences.

Many tracks such as Laguna Seca and Willow Springs. Etc.have walls. The only ther track is Buttonwillow on the west coast that doesn't have walls.

Never been to Thunderhill, maybe one day =).

I'll post a new video after the trackday.
                  Pat

Comment

I really enjoy Sears Point/Infineon/Whatever they call it nowadays....but that place is a bit scary. The correct line on that circuit puts you within a couple of feet of the wall in several places. No room at all for error.

Comment

I've driven there virtually and yes I'd have to agree. Some tracks like Big Willow can make your sphincter pucker as in turn 8 & 9.
                      8 has you going sideways at 115 mph over washboard bumps and 9 is a decreasing radius at 100+ with a mid corner bump leading onto the main straight.

In these high speed sections, if you go off there are berms and ditches/walls to stop your car. This usually means a totalled car.

The older I get, the more selective I am where I decide to run at 95% of my ability.
                      Pat

Comment

I would go but I have a wedding that weekend. A group of us are planning on doing Buttonwillow the following weekend on Sunday with SpeedVentures.
                        Dan

88 M3
                        Black on Black

San Diego, CA
                        USA

Comment

Nice, too bad we can't get everyone together. Buttonwillow is nice too. Aaron runs a nice trackday at speed ventures. In the early days I used to instruct for them.

Have fun, hopefully you can post some pis or video after the event.
                          Pat

Comment

Just an update, I signed up for "Open" run group, Sunday Dec. 10th at the link in post #21 above.
                            Pat

Comment

Working...
                            X