Diff LSD Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff LSD Upgrade

I have a factory, who knows how many miles, 4.45 LSD in my track car right now. Thinking logically about my next upgrade, the diff is in sight -- what type of performance gain is there? I have no experience with upgraded diffs.

Let's say car stays the same but an upgraded diff goes in -- I'm open to ramping and locking suggestions -- what type of performance gain would one see? Let's say, on your favorite track, how much quicker can you go? Trying to quantify this if possible.

Thanks
    Dave

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
    I have a factory, who knows how many miles, 4.45 LSD in my track car right now. Thinking logically about my next upgrade, the diff is in sight -- what type of performance gain is there? I have no experience with upgraded diffs.

Let's say car stays the same but an upgraded diff goes in -- I'm open to ramping and locking suggestions -- what type of performance gain would one see? Let's say, on your favorite track, how much quicker can you go? Trying to quantify this if possible.

Thanks
    Dave
    very late reply, but if you run an ramped diff with very low preload you can drive it deep into the corner like you would with an open diff, but as soon as you apply power it will lock up. best done with no rear bar. how much faster? itough to say, but driveability is markedly better, especially on a lightened car.
    sigpic
    2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
    2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
    2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
    2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
    2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

Comment

Working...
    X