Heat barrier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat barrier

I need better protection from the heat coming from tunnel and engine bay.

Has as anyone ever used the stick on thermal barriers? I have engine and transmission in the car and their not coming out anytime soon. Do they work? Can these be applied without cleaning the surface. Most videos reviewing these products have a freshly painted chassis on a rotisserie with no driveline installed.

Any other tips would be appreciated

Lizard skin works great.

Comment

Yes, this looks good, but would need to remove driveline and prep surface. Want opinions on ways to reduce heat inside the cabin without removing motor/transmission.

Comment

You can probably lower the driveline in place enough to get in there and do a thorough cleaning. My experience with adhesive backed heat shielding is that if the area is not super clean it will fall off. Even when I thought I did an over the top cleaning job, it didnít stick. Canít recall which product I have, something from Summit

Comment

Originally posted by ttw18 View Post
          Yes, this looks good, but would need to remove driveline and prep surface. Want opinions on ways to reduce heat inside the cabin without removing motor/transmission.
          You apply it to the interior of the car (cabin)

Comment

Working...
          X