Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had the pleasure of taking my car to NYST this past weekend and was a blast!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had the pleasure of taking my car to NYST this past weekend and was a blast!

Had a great time out there with my crew. Mostly old friends, some new. Great experience & cant wait to go out again. My buddy in his 635csi def made it more enjoyable as we were holding our own against S2000's BRZ's etc.

Thought I'd share some photos and videos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image411.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1270917Click image for larger version

Name:	image2 (4)11.JPG
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	1270918Click image for larger version

Name:	image3 (2)11.JPG
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	1270919Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (7)11.JPG
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1270920
    Attached Files
    sigpic 95 M3 & 88 M3

Click image for larger version

Name:	image611.JPG
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	1270923
    sigpic 95 M3 & 88 M3

Comment

How is that place. I have heard about it for a while but never made the trek to it. Its not very far from me.
      I remember hearing mixed stories around the time they opened it, but not much fact,,, rumors or stories to the effect like, no race cars, only street cars allowed, Noise limits, lots of things to hit if you go off track.
      Any input from someone who has been there?
      jimmy p.
      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
      92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
      98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
      04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

It's a great track but I do like Monticello a bit more. Odd as they had gotten away from auto events.
        Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post
          How is that place. I have heard about it for a while but never made the trek to it. Its not very far from me.
          I remember hearing mixed stories around the time they opened it, but not much fact,,, rumors or stories to the effect like, no race cars, only street cars allowed, Noise limits, lots of things to hit if you go off track.
          Any input from someone who has been there?
          Jimmy the track was loads of fun, at least for me. Pretty technical in the back end with elevation changes (aka wheelie hill) & 18 turns.

As for no race cars not sure why not. We had an exo Miata with us. And would think that would be more of a problem than a race car. Noise limits I don't think they have one. There were full exhaust Italians in the advanced group and several full exhaust GTR's from R32's to R35's screaming on the straight.

As far as run off it seems like there is plenty of it. Many cars that day lost it and went into the grass. None were not able to come back out.

Hope that helps & will look into if race cars are allowed or not for you.
          sigpic 95 M3 & 88 M3

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It was all internet rumor that I read / heard back when the place was new, I had not really heard much about it in a long time, sort of forgot about it.
            jimmy p.
            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
            92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
            98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
            04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Working...
            X