California Track Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Track Day

Hey N. CA and S. CA/AZ/NV members. Looking to see who might be interested. I will be headed to Buttonwillow Raceway with Speed District https://speeddistrict.com/2020-schedule/ Sept 11. This is a Friday and if it is like last year at this time car count will be very low. It would be fun to get some more e30 M3 out there at the track. I have always found these guys put on a well run track day and usually plenty of exotics that show up.
    Dan

88 M3
    Black on Black

San Diego, CA
    USA

Hi 99M3Riverside,

I might be able to join you with my E24M6, need go back and improve my lap time with much more reliable brake system now no more hydro booster... I am based in Los Angeles.

What's your lap time at Button CW13 ?

Regards,
    Anri

sigpic

- 1990 E30 M3 DS Shwartz S38-B36 (3.6) Sold ! But never forgotten.
    - 1990 E30 M3 DS Euro S38-B38 3.8 340hp. I promise, I will hide the 2 cyl under the dash which "Engine King". Mr. Paul Rosche took away to make the S14...
    - 1988 E24 M6 Shwartz/Track Toy S38-B36 Goal is close to 50/50 I pushed the engine almost 15 inches for weight distribution will see...
    - 1988 E24 M6 Shwartz/Natur, Daily driver.
    - S38 is an addiction, enthusiastic manner and the perfect match for my E30 M3.

Comment

Originally posted by First E30 M3 View Post
      Hi 99M3Riverside,

I might be able to join you with my E24M6, need go back and improve my lap time with much more reliable brake system now no more hydro booster... I am based in Los Angeles.

What's your lap time at Button CW13 ?

Regards,
      Anri

That would be great, always looking for more people to go out with. In my current car I am a consistent 2:10.xx in 13CW. I had done 2:07.xx not consistently however.
      Dan

88 M3
      Black on Black

San Diego, CA
      USA

Comment

Originally posted by 99M3Riverside View Post

That would be great, always looking for more people to go out with. In my current car I am a consistent 2:10.xx in 13CW. I had done 2:07.xx not consistently however.
        Hi 99M3Riverside,

Thanks for your reply. That's great lap time and looking towards meeting you on the event. Hopefully other local board members will participate.

What tires are you going to be with ? I assume NT01 ?

Regards,
        Anri

sigpic

- 1990 E30 M3 DS Shwartz S38-B36 (3.6) Sold ! But never forgotten.
        - 1990 E30 M3 DS Euro S38-B38 3.8 340hp. I promise, I will hide the 2 cyl under the dash which "Engine King". Mr. Paul Rosche took away to make the S14...
        - 1988 E24 M6 Shwartz/Track Toy S38-B36 Goal is close to 50/50 I pushed the engine almost 15 inches for weight distribution will see...
        - 1988 E24 M6 Shwartz/Natur, Daily driver.
        - S38 is an addiction, enthusiastic manner and the perfect match for my E30 M3.

Comment

Forwarded along to the NorCal M3 FB group.
          1989 Lachs
          1988 Lachs - sold
          1988 DS - sold
          Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	960C84E1-4328-4B22-BAAD-F319DF70D9F4.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	649.6 KB
ID:	1291557 I’ll be there Dan

Comment

Originally posted by blyguy View Post

Awesome, hopefully we can recruit a few more.
              Dan

88 M3
              Black on Black

San Diego, CA
              USA

Comment

Originally posted by blyguy View Post

Bryant, this is Ray (bought your 993), your car is looking good!

I'm going to see if I can swing it. My car is in pieces and I was planning to install cams and Alpha N but we have another baby on the way, so I may not get another opportunity for a while. Wish it were in October though. Buttonwillow in September is quite warm.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by S14Mpower View Post

Bryant, this is Ray (bought your 993), your car is looking good!

I'm going to see if I can swing it. My car is in pieces and I was planning to install cams and Alpha N but we have another baby on the way, so I may not get another opportunity for a while. Wish it were in October though. Buttonwillow in September is quite warm.

Ray
                  Congrats on the baby, I would look to get out to more events in fall etc. I will post up when I plan on going.
                  Dan

88 M3
                  Black on Black

San Diego, CA
                  USA

Comment

blyguy Your car looks great.
                    - Which bumper is that?
                    - Which hood vent?
                    - What are you running for brakes? Curious what you got to fit under those concave ARC-8's if you're not running stock.
                    - Bluberry muffin?

Comment

Congrats on the baby, I would look to get out to more events in fall etc. I will post up when I plan on going.
                      Thanks!

Comment

thanks Mick
                        competition concepts CF bumper from the olden days
                        I think it is an MA Shaw hood but don’t recall who made the vent
                        good eye on the concave ARC8, that was with stock brakes
                        the fronts have the Massive Brakes 332x32 kit and now running the flat ET20 ARC8 17x8.5
                        yes that is blueberry!!!

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                        blyguy Your car looks great.
                        - Which bumper is that?
                        - Which hood vent?
                        - What are you running for brakes? Curious what you got to fit under those concave ARC-8's if you're not running stock.
                        - Bluberry muffin?

Comment

I'm eyeing this event as well. Car is almost ready. Would be its first track event since moving to the West Coast

Comment

Originally posted by mkay_m3 View Post
                            I'm eyeing this event as well. Car is almost ready. Would be its first track event since moving to the West Coast
                            Where are you located? I am hoping to connect some of us West Coast guys for track days.
                            Dan

88 M3
                            Black on Black

San Diego, CA
                            USA

Comment

Where are you located? I am hoping to connect some of us West Coast guys for track days.
                              Calabasas, CA. Moved from Boston 5 years ago and JUST getting back to tracking it again

Comment

Working...
                              X