Dinan E30 M3 J-Stock Springs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinan E30 M3 J-Stock Springs help

Hello, I am trying to find some information on these Dinan J-stock springs. I’ve heard they are linear and spring rates are much lower than the Turner J-stock springs. I don’t know what shocks were ran with these either. The fronts look really low, do you think they’ve been cut, or is that how they came? Thanks for any assistance.

Are you sure they are Dinan? I dont remember Dinan offering a J Stock specific spring set.

Archane E30M3 suspension story below:
    In the way-back-days, before there was a Turner Motorsport and I am pretty sure before there was "J Stcck" a young guy in Mass who was a serious hot shoe in an e30 325is ITS car and also in various DE E30M3s.
    That guy used to set up all the fast E30s with Eibach Race springs with a partial coil cut off, using Dinan fixed camber plates and the offset upper mounts with Bilstein Sports.
    That setup became "the" setup in a pretty darn wide radius.
    I have one of those setups in a box in the basement. The partial cut coil doesnt look like what you have there, yours look more finished in the way they taper back to the coils. Compared to the cut ones I have those look like they were made that way.
    Sorry for the long winded trip down memory lane to say, I dont think they were cut LOL.
    jimmy p.
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
    92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
    98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
    04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

AS Jimmy mentioned I believe those were Eibach with a coil cut off of them. I want to say TMS sold them this way as well for a time, but I might be wrong.
      Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
        AS Jimmy mentioned I believe those were Eibach with a coil cut off of them. I want to say TMS sold them this way as well for a time, but I might be wrong.
        That setup pre-dated TMS, I think I heard about it while Will was still at Noble Foreign Auto, I bought my first set of Bilstein from him there for my 325es and I think I remember him telling me about that setup. When I started going to my first BMWCCA DEs all the hot shoe E30 guys had that setup.
        I think that was right around when Will left Noble and started TMS and thats what he was selling as the hot setup before he developed the now legendary J Stock suspension.
        Last edited by jimmy p.; 02-18-2021, 12:57 PM.
        jimmy p.
        04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_18722.jpg Views:	5 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	1298473 Thanks for the information. Based on the info, I did some research and found a pic of the Eibach Competition (old turner J-Stock) springs uncut, in this thread.
          https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...on-springs-475
          Mine look the same but possibly with a coil cut. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by robreZ View Post
            Thanks for the information. Based on the info, I did some research and found a pic of the Eibach Competition (old turner J-Stock) springs uncut, in this thread.
            https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...on-springs-475
            Mine look the same but possibly with a coil cut. Thoughts?
            The thing that makes me think yours are not cut is the way the top and bottom coil are wound down to meet the coil below.
            The set I have with the coil cut has one end that basically sits wide like the remaining coils, its not wound and tapered down to the coil below so that it sits in the recess in the top hat.
            The weight of the car has to compress the first coil down to look like what you have.
            jimmy p.
            04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Thanks for all the insights. I see what you’re saying. I found another pic of what the seller ID’d as un-cut eibach competition j-stock springs and they look even more different.
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...ck#post2978214

So I am inclined to believe these may very well be a Dinan J-Stock spring set.

Comment

Working...
              X