Phoenix Yellow Coming home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Yellow Coming home

My 1988 E30 M3 IP club racer is coming home. I bought it in 2015 from Dr. Tony Huggins out of North Carolina. It was painted by Steve Bassen of Bassen Autobody and engine / mechanics by Billy Reevis of Motorsport Connections. I always loved this car. Dogleg gearbox, powerful 2.5 with Alpha N, Bimmerworld white paint inside engine bay, cockpit and trunk. I sold it to pursue a non Phoenice Yellow race car. While it wasn't a mistake to pursue another E30 M3 race car I always regretted letting this car get away. I pickup tomorrow. Here is a pic of our first day together back in 2015 and I'll upload a pic from tomorrow when I pickup.

Immediate plans for the car. Change the number to 315, wrap it in some other color, throw a set of DTM wheels on, change the suspension to MCS Remote and change front brakes brakes to E36 M3. This car was only ever a suspension change away from greatness. It was too stiffly sprung and I never got around to finishing it.
    Attached Files

E30M3 is a Legend

Congrats! Can I buy those K1s when you swap on the DTM wheels??

Take care

Comment

Originally posted by evanboyle View Post

Take care
      I need the 15" wheels for club racing. The 17" will just be for track day fun and car shows.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Originally posted by evanboyle View Post

Take care
        Evan, I have some 15" Revolutions with RA1s on them if you're interested. Send me a PM. The RA1s are just wheel protection at this point though (too old).
        1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
        1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
        1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Is this the one that you scooped on BaT for like $11? Stands out as my "most regretted non-bid" if it's that one.
          1989 Lachs
          1988 Lachs - sold
          1988 DS - sold
          Car blog
          Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Wasn't this on BAT years ago? I really wanted to buy it then. It went for such a steal back in the day.
            Dan

88 M3
            Black on Black

San Diego, CA
            USA

Comment

Originally posted by Konig View Post
              Is this the one that you scooped on BaT for like $11? Stands out as my "most regretted non-bid" if it's that one.
              Haha, I see the fish story is growing.

$23k and it didn’t have a title I got the latter taken care of quickly though. Vermont loophole Easy
              button

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Keep the color! It looks good. What suspension/springs were on it before? MCS makes great stuff.

Do not buy from "Low Level"!

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                  Keep the color! It looks good. What suspension/springs were on it before? MCS makes great stuff.
                  I don't even know what's on it now. It doesn't have much give, nothing like my other E30 M3 race car with AST suspension.

Thanks for the vote for Phoenix Yellow. The car will be going in for updates shortly and hope to be ready for the spring.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Working...
                  X