stock front brake pad availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock front brake pad availability

So the front brake pad selection in the stock front shape (137) has really shrivelled up lately. No PF pads, no HT-10s… just Pagid RSL29, Hawk DTC60 and various Carbotech pads I've never tried.
    Right now I have a set of ancient PF06s I had lying around, but this will be my last set. What's everyone running for track days these days? Or is this my cue to finally get a BBK in the front?
    Seattle, WA
    currently:
    1988 M3 ex j-stock
    1984 911 RoW 3.2
    http://cars.g93.net

No BBK is needed. Cobalt Friction my friend. I've used their pads on numerous applications and they work superbly. I'd suggest you give them a call, explain your track driving style, car performance, etc and they'll set you up with the perfect pad (front and rear). Pads are manufactured on demand so you are not getting an out-of-date compound or something that has been sitting on a warehouse shelf for years.

Best part - they require minimal bedding before they are ready to hit the track. I would suggest new rotors however.

Cobalt Racing Brakes (cobaltbrakes.com)

1-734-375-9148
    1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

nice, will give them a look - thanks!
      Seattle, WA
      currently:
      1988 M3 ex j-stock
      1984 911 RoW 3.2

Comment

Originally posted by dreeves View Post
        So the front brake pad selection in the stock front shape (137) has really shrivelled up lately. No PF pads, no HT-10s… just Pagid RSL29, Hawk DTC60 and various Carbotech pads I've never tried.
        Right now I have a set of ancient PF06s I had lying around, but this will be my last set. What's everyone running for track days these days? Or is this my cue to finally get a BBK in the front?
        Dave,, Call Porterfield and see if they will do you a set of Raybestos ST43s, you will never look back.
        I'm a huge fan of the Raybestos Motorsports pads, been using them for a long while now.

Also I believe Duncan Burke is making some very top end, bespoke brake pads and I think he has them available in the E30M3 pad shape.
        Last edited by jimmy p.; 06-09-2022, 04:57 AM.
        jimmy p.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
        92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
        98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post
          No BBK is needed. Cobalt Friction my friend. I've used their pads on numerous applications and they work superbly. I'd suggest you give them a call, explain your track driving style, car performance, etc and they'll set you up with the perfect pad (front and rear). Pads are manufactured on demand so you are not getting an out-of-date compound or something that has been sitting on a warehouse shelf for years.

Best part - they require minimal bedding before they are ready to hit the track. I would suggest new rotors however.

Cobalt Racing Brakes (cobaltbrakes.com)

1-734-375-9148
          I like Cobalt Friction pads. Although I haven't used them on an m3 I have used them in endurance racing on otherwise stock brakes and they were consistent, predictable, and never wore out. We kept binning half used sets of pads after 16 hours on track.

Comment

update: just tracked down some PFC 01 pads for the front. They're arriving next week.
            Seattle, WA
            currently:
            1988 M3 ex j-stock
            1984 911 RoW 3.2

Comment

I'm in the same boat, no more PFC 08's that I've run forever. Bimmerworld recommended the Pagid RSL29's. I've used Raybestos ST43 and ST47 on another car (E90) and they are very aggressive. Less modulation than the PFC's but they stop HARD. It takes some getting used to.

I might try Duncan Burke's "Magic" pads next (he does have the E30 M3 patterns), if not, the Pagids.

Not a lot of people ultimately seem happy with Hawk DTC-60/70, but I do know a lot of people run them via buying from FCPEuro because you can use their lifetime parts warranty on consumable items too (brakes, fluids, etc.!).

Do not buy from "Low Level"!

Comment

Working...
              X