VIR Monday December 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIR Monday December 1

Anyone else going to the Asphalt Adventures track day at VIR on Monday December 1?

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...F2655E8407240D

Should be over 5 hours of track day for solo drivers in one day. There are also instructed options for beginner or intermediate drivers.

I'll be there and it would be great to see some more e30 M3s.
    Dominic

I'm thinking about it. There's also a club racing school at Roebling in December that I'm considering. Chances are I'll go to one or the other.

Comment

I'll be at VIR that weekend, Dec 6/7
      Webb
      1988 Diamantschwarz
      2004 Jet Black

Comment

I'm very tempted by the Roebling race school but I don't think I'll be able to make it this year. Maybe next year.
        Dominic

Comment

My Dad is probably going to be there (VIR, Monday). If any of you guys go, and can help him out if he needs it, I'd appreciate it. I broke my collar bone, and won't be able to put a harness on until next year, so the rest of this year is out for me.
          I wanted to do the race at Roebling too. :(
          sigpic
          '88 Lachssilber

Comment

Get well soon Dave!

Comment

Thanks Andrew!
              You guys should do the race school, it will be a lot of fun, even if you don't plan to race. I did mine with NASA, and really enjoyed all of the on track excercises, and stuff we learned in the classroom. You definately learn another level of on track awareness in a race school. BMWCCA is very similar, and what better school to take, than the one with the Tarheel Chapter!
              sigpic
              '88 Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Mpassioned View Post
                My Dad is probably going to be there (VIR, Monday). If any of you guys go, and can help him out if he needs it, I'd appreciate it. I broke my collar bone, and won't be able to put a harness on until next year, so the rest of this year is out for me.
                I wanted to do the race at Roebling too. :(
                I'm not sure if I've had a chance to meet your Dad. Who is he and what sort of help might he require? I would be glad to meet him and give him a hand if I can find him.
                Dominic

Comment

"Doc" is the name and he drives the ex-Korman white e34 sedan. It's a gem w/ track tires and an S50 engine. I know Dave pulls tire changing duty for him.
                  James
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post
                    I'm not sure if I've had a chance to meet your Dad. Who is he and what sort of help might he require? I would be glad to meet him and give him a hand if I can find him.
                    Hi Dominic,
                    Thanks a lot for the offer! I don't really know if he'll need anything specific, but like James said, I usually do the hard duty stuff for him, to save his back. I don't really expect anyone to do this for him, but if he has trouble, I was just putting it out there to help him, if he needs it. He may have a friend with him, that can pull the tires off for him too.
                    There is an outside chance, I may try to come, but it's up in the air now, and I don't know how much time the healing process will take yet either. I have a titanium plate in now, and am taking it 1 day at a time. If I come, I'll have my AW E46M3, as the '88 has a blown head gasket, which will probably be down for a while, 'till I decide how much I want to do to the engine while it's apart.

Here is a pic of his car:
                    sigpic
                    '88 Lachssilber

Comment

Sorry to hear that Dave. Get well. Did it happen on track?
                      Webb
                      1988 Diamantschwarz
                      2004 Jet Black

Comment

Originally posted by whayes View Post
                        Sorry to hear that Dave. Get well. Did it happen on track?
                        Thanks Webb,
                        Nah, 1 of my other motorsports loves, off road motorcycling, took a spill, and landed perfectly on my shoulder. (ATGATT) Had every piece of protection gear you can buy on, and hit the one spot you can't protect well, my shoulder. Not a scratch or bruise anywhere else.

ATGATT= all the gear, all the time
                        and is the only way I ride motorcycles

'03 KTM 625SXC
                        '04 KTM 625SMC
                        '00 Honda F4
                        and many others before
                        sigpic
                        '88 Lachssilber

Comment

Working...
                        X