Anyone heading to Hallet this season? - HST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heading to Hallet this season? - HST

I am going to try to make it to Hallett Speedway the weekend of August 29-30 for their High Speed Turing event. I'm not sure if I'll attend on Saturday on Sunday. I'll be taking my street driven M3 to the track. This will be my first time on ANY track.

I was wondering if anyone else was planning to attend the HST event in August or later in the season. I'd love some company and advice from fellow M3 enthusiasts.

COMMA/HST info: http://www.hallettracing.net/hsts.html

hmmm... I loves me some Hallett.... it's a fun track...

the KC BMW CCA chapter has had an event there each of the last couple of summers. This summer's event was in July.
    Mark Williams
    Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

update

Just thought I'd confirm my Hallett day. I am making the trip for certain. I will attend the HST on Saturday, August 29th.

Comment

I wish I could run up there and play too, but I used up my kitchen pass installing rear end suspension bits on my car last weekend... pulled the rear subframe and installed new bushings all around along with eccentrics.... whew... getting an alignment this week and the car won't be done until Friday anyway :-(
        Mark Williams
        Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

I love Hallet. Wish I was going.

If this is your first track event, the biggest advice I can offer is to make sure you change out your brake fluid if it's older than 1 month old and make sure you have plenty of brake pads left on decent rotors.

Hallet is very hard on brakes once you get going fast. Other than that, be smooth, look ahead, and have FUN!

Nick

Comment

I'm out @ Hallett on Sundays racing, would have liked to check out your car. Regardless, the weather was perfect! If you come back out, make your way down to corner 1 as we usually have a few trailers parked down there.

Mark, you forgot that it's a joint DE between the Sunbelt and KC clubs.

Comment

Working...
            X