X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project86
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewLang View Post
    They are the wilwood sl6 calipers from massive brakes rally kit. I love these things.
    They look nice. I hope to see your car at the track one day. Looks nice. Sorry for slight thread jack.

Leave a comment:

• EdPhillips
    replied
    Nice dive planes!

Are you using the E3 bumper seal? I see something there.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewLang
    replied
    Originally posted by project86 View Post
    Nice. Looks a bit like my bumper. What are the brake calipers?
    They are the wilwood sl6 calipers from massive brakes rally kit. I love these things.

Leave a comment:

• project86
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewLang View Post
    I just had to get in on this, next up is copying Damon's splitter design. You guys rock!

Nice. Looks a bit like my bumper. What are the brake calipers?

Leave a comment:

• AndrewLang
    replied
    Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
    Are these wider than stock fenders?

Hi lee, yes these are quite a bit wider, they are the competition concepts fenders.

Leave a comment:

• lucid
    replied
    How much ground clearance are folks going for with the splitters?

Any potential cooling issues when the splitter is extended past the oil pan?

Leave a comment:

• LeeVuong
    replied
    Are these wider than stock fenders?

Leave a comment:

• AndrewLang
    replied
    I just had to get in on this, next up is copying Damon's splitter design. You guys rock!

Last edited by AndrewLang; 12-09-2010, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• peak
    replied
    I bought all my fiberglass parts (not counting doors) from Moseley Motorsports in the UK.

http://www.moseleymotorsport.com/parts_e30.htm

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post
    Nice Damon,
    If you dont mind me asking, what did you use for a spacer?

I have a spare bumper that I am doing a splitter for and needed to space it downwards a bit, I was having a hell of a time finding something that would be structural enough to take the load, conform to the both shapes and not weigh more than the bumper cover and splitter together.

In the end my solution was stand offs made from rubber (almost like small hockey pucks) to take the load, and then filling between bumper bottom and splitter with closed cell polyurethane foam,,, but I'm still not crazy about it.

Looks great.

Cheers
    jimmy
    Hi Jimmy,

I used solid foam insulation cut to match the shape of the bumper cover and a number of bolts washers and nuts spaced approximately every 12"s or so to tie it all together. On the front and rear of the insulation is racer's tape.

Once I settle on the overall ground clearance I can live with, I may fabricate an aluminum cover for the front of the insulation. The nice thing about using the hard foam insulation is that you can add thickness by gluing pieces together and it is easy to cut.

Because of the shape and the number of bolts I am using, it is structurally sound and light weight.

Damon in STL

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    Nice Damon,
    If you dont mind me asking, what did you use for a spacer?

I have a spare bumper that I am doing a splitter for and needed to space it downwards a bit, I was having a hell of a time finding something that would be structural enough to take the load, conform to the both shapes and not weigh more than the bumper cover and splitter together.

In the end my solution was stand offs made from rubber (almost like small hockey pucks) to take the load, and then filling between bumper bottom and splitter with closed cell polyurethane foam,,, but I'm still not crazy about it.

Looks great.

Cheers
    jimmy

Leave a comment:

• EdPhillips
    replied
    nice, especially with the extra length and dzus fasteners. which bumper cover is that?

Leave a comment:

• peak
    replied
    Here are a couple of pics of the splitter for my race car. The bumper cover is from Moseley Motorsports and the splitter is made of alumacore. There is a 1.5" spacer between the alumacore and the bumper cover. It mounts in the front in the normal bumper attachment position and then has four 1/4 turn Dzus fasteners; two on the sides and two to brackets on the front subframe. It will be painted to match the car.

Damon in STL

Leave a comment:

• AndrewLang
    replied
    Those canards are definitely interesting... and something I haven't seen before. Want to shoot me a PM with that contact info as well? I wonder about the cost...

Leave a comment:

• EdPhillips
    replied
    Originally posted by mtrsprt View Post
    That splitter looks great!
    I think those came from the same fabricator that did my dive planes...
    Think he'd do an e36 LTW splitter tray? I don't have his contact info anymore, but I do certainly recall that he was/is busy busy.
    If you get a chance is there any way you can forward that contact info to me?
    I hope all is well.
    Are you running GTS-3 this season? LRP? I think that's where my e36 will end up, as most IP cars tend to.
    I'm planning to do 4-5 race weekends with NASA this year, including LRP again (hopefully with a better outcome). There are a few IP guys who cross over. I'm sure you will be a front-runner based on your results last season with CCA.

will email you regarding the splitter.

Leave a comment:

• mtrsprt
    replied
    That splitter looks great!
    I think those came from the same fabricator that did my dive planes...
    Think he'd do an e36 LTW splitter tray? I don't have his contact info anymore, but I do certainly recall that he was/is busy busy.
    If you get a chance is there any way you can forward that contact info to me?
    I hope all is well.
    Are you running GTS-3 this season? LRP? I think that's where my e36 will end up, as most IP cars tend to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X