1991 DTM Schnitzer - Warsteiner replica livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 DTM Schnitzer - Warsteiner replica livery

Just about ready to have the race debut on the Michelin Sport Pilot Classic Series .... Jarama racetrack this weekend.

Wanted to share with you my race livery?.

My 1986 M3 has a S14 2,5l 300CV engine and 1.040Kg. with a full 45l ATL fuel tank. Michelin 240/610 17 S8 C slicks fill up the wheels arches!.

What do you think?

Manuel
    Attached Files
    1986 BMW E30 M3 CF airbox & Alpha N
    2007 Audi RS4 sedan

1991 DTM Schnitzer - Warsteiner livery replica

A couple more pictures ... we took 12 hours to complete de vinyl decoration.
    Attached Files
    2007 Audi RS4 sedan

Comment

So AWESOME! Great work. I want to see it on the track!!!
      John 3:17

Comment

A bit surprising how good those decals look on a DS car.......impressive IMHO

"But most of all...
        ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Love it sweet ride!
            I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous! Let us know how you got on please........

Comment

Thank you for your opinions.

The on track performance matched the legendary livery .... Qualified 4th out of 17 ... !:50:95 which is about 5 seconds faster than my best with Toyo Proxes R888 so Michelin slicks were awesome. Ahead within half a second were Audi A4 Superturismo, Porsche 968 Cup and Porsche 993 Cup all driven by seasoned drivers.

First race I had a problem with the Alpha-N map and the car bogged down so I lost 8 position before the first corner. Within 2 laps I was back up to 4th ... even passing a Porsche 993 GT2 RS (650CV). Then I had 3-4 laps finally without traffic to track down the Porsche 993 Cup and forced a braking error in Bugatti hairpin .... Hence third overall and second in my class.

Second race same starting problem ... dropped 7 positions this time but in 1 lap I was back to fourth overall. Took 6 laps to reel down the Porsche 993 Cup + Audi A4 Superturismo ... they were slowing each other down with several off line passing manouvers .... I passed the Porsche 993 Cup after I set up a drafting on the main straight for late braking on the outside of corner 1 to take the inside in corner two for the pass ... jumping with all four wheels over the (small) curb to slide in front under braking. Two more laps to track down the Audi and draft it to pass over the finish line on the last lap on the same tenth. Again third overall and second in my class ... nearly second overall and first in my class.

Car has awesome setup and top end. I need to improve the part throttle on the Alpha-N map to match the top cars. I am down on power but more than make up for it in corner speed .... I have V-box videos of all practice, qualifying and races but need to edit them. Plenty of pictures which I will add during the week.

Manuel
                2007 Audi RS4 sedan

Comment

Well done. What other nice bits do you have on the car? Brakes, suspension etc.

"But most of all...
                  ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

The car was originally a 200CV DS manufactured in October 1986. After 12 years of ownership and constant evolution ... now it has a S14 2,5l engine good for +300CV readline @ 8.500rpm: Alpha-N + CF 48mm large airbox, Arrow conrods, JE forgged pistons (12.! compression), SCHRICK top end (308º/292º) oversize valves (32,5mm/39mm), race valve springs and titanium retainers, shim under buckets, 48mm TBs with flat spindles, 30,5mm cylinder head, Ross engineering aluminum fuel rail, Bosch race 5,0 FPR, Gr.A replica oversize oil pan, EVO II flywheel, BMW 635 oversize oil cooler, Mitshumoto aluminum double core radiator, Getrag Alpina 265/279 gearbox, Motorsport LSD @ 75% with Z3M cover and cooling kit, Weight 1.040Kg. with fuel ATL 45l fuel cell, Makrolon side and rear Windows, FG front hood, front oversize fenders, front bumper rear and rear trunk lid. OMP 106/17 B Cromo Modileno 12 point cage (36Kg.), FG dashboard with full STACK gauges, Cobra seat, OMP harness, Phormula KS4 knock sensor, APEX ARC-8 wheels + Michelin 240/610 17 S8 C slicks, early Gr.A suspensión ... I am sure I forget something ....

Most engine parts bought from John Johnson in Germany, Conrad Timms in NZ and Markus Glaum in Germany. A few Gr.A replica parts from Muzzi Motorsport in Austria. Fiberglass body parts bought from my good friend Manu Kabel in Germany. Car serviced in Madrid with Reconsport ... Agustin Zamora is one of the very few knowlegable race mechanics left with competition experience with BMW E30 M3s. I am grateful to all of them for their support to help materialize my dream to race a Gr.A replica ....

Manuel
                    Last edited by MMMM; 09-15-2013, 10:36 PM.
                    2007 Audi RS4 sedan

Comment

I made a similar livery for a DS M3 about three months ago for Darrel in Hawaii. Can't wait to see him post pictures. I took shots from a race in Jarama (Spain) as an example, and those here are not too far ;-) Good job.

Lee

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                      1989 M3 racecar
                      e39 Touring

Comment

Hello Lee, The Jarama pictures are my car. Now I have plenty more from 3 other track events. If you need any more let me know. The car is currently running on the Classic & Legend Spanish Championship and counting races with pódiums .... very happy with the results so far.
                        Last edited by MMMM; 04-22-2014, 03:10 AM. Reason: +Pictures
                        2007 Audi RS4 sedan

Comment

I can't wait to see how Darrel's car turns out. I made a few mods from your cars though. Such as the BBS logos not reversed. I made a small white outline all around so that it looks like the original logo.

Lee

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                          1989 M3 racecar
                          e39 Touring

Comment

Jarama Racetrack Madrid Spain - Classic & Legend Series - Nov. 1st 2013
                            2007 Audi RS4 sedan

Comment

Jarama Racetrack Madrid Spain - Classic & Legend Series - Nov. 1st 2013
                              2007 Audi RS4 sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X