Comment

• I smell an M2 build...
      1988 M3
      2012 335is
      1993 Civic Si

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve88M3 View Post
        I smell an M2 build...
        Haha. I can't tear the heart out of a perfectly good M3!
        1988 DS
        1988 Lachs
        Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

• Dug my old friend out of the garage for the first time since the start of December. Got busy with the holidays, and then with the 'new' car, then various life things. First was to wash off the months of dust from the garage.

My car was happy to get back on the road! I'd almost forgotten how much fun it is to hustle around. I went up to regional landmark Alice's Restaurant to drive the windy roads with a friend. As usual, there was an assortment of exciting vehicles when we arrived.

Didn't get much in the way of action shots. It was a nice reminder of how perfect this car is in third gear on the back roads. Ergonomics are so perfect for heel-toe. Also a nice reminder of how lucky I am that just 45 minutes after getting off my couch, I can be speeding through redwood groves then up PCH and the incredible ocean views.

Totally unrelated: a friend recently bought his dream car. He let me drive it. I have a new benchmark for fastest/most expensive thing I've driven.

I could write a bunch of superlatives, but essentially it was exactly what you would expect. Extremely loud and fast, awesome chopped composite and wings and alcantara and the whole 9 yards. Actual capability of the car is so far beyond my skill level, but just the taste of it was a special experience. Perhaps my favorite element was the sound of the motor paired with the transmission. Instant shifts, and every downshift comes with a BANG that I am confident that the cyclists and pedestrians I passed at the time really appreciated. My friend seems to be really enjoying it, he had it at Laguna Seca last weekend and it's nice to see that he's actually putting all that motorsport hardware to use. The track insurance quotes were eye-watering for me, but if you have the means...
          1988 DS
          1988 Lachs
          Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Working...
          X