No announcement yet.

News from Sellholm sequential gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is hard enough to resist taking up a more lucrative trade without you lot showing dirty pix.

I'll have to make Magnus ban me and save me from sin:cry:

awesome....

m

Comment

Originally posted by alpk View Post
      down shifts can also be done without clutch? Very cool transmission. I have a billet planetary transmission for my hot rod (dead project now). I will pull it out and shoot some pics for the thread.
      If the transmission has dog-style gear engagement than the clutch doesnt need to be used other than to get you moving.

A very sweet addition, as i work on a race car team that runs purpose built race cars, and also other cars. So i truly understand why you would want this kind of transmission.
      http://www.powerslidemotorsports.com

Comment

Would such a transmission be streetable? Amazing looking piece!

What is the expected life-cycle of a unit like that? I have 170,000 miles the factory Getrag box. Will this Sequential box last as long, or is it a race part that requires thorough maintenace every off season?

Also, I'd imagine it would greatly increase acceleration times due to less times between gears. Any acceleration times to back up that theory?

Thanks!

Mark M
        E30 M3 / E46 M3 / E83 X3

Comment

Originally posted by ///Empowered View Post
          Would such a transmission be streetable?
          If the roaring gear whine wouldn't drive you crazy first, the gear grinding certainly would. A straight cut 'dogbox' is a racecar item.
          2003 Mitsu EVO VIII - 2.0L / 600+whp
          1988 BMW M3 turbo - Work in progress. . .
          1986 SVO Mustang - Work in progress. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ted B View Post
            If the roaring gear whine wouldn't drive you crazy first, the gear grinding certainly would. A straight cut 'dogbox' is a racecar item.
            Gear whine? nahhh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSJ-HzNWJGM

Last edited by speedminded; 07-25-2008, 06:45 PM.
            AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

Comment

^WOW!!! That E36 was hauling ass. I wonder what the specs are on that thing?
              Terrance

Comment

Originally posted by ///M3 Terr View Post
                ^WOW!!! That E36 was hauling ass. I wonder what the specs are on that thing?
                From what I understand the video is from 2002 and it's a 320i owned by Rolf Van Os (VanOs...get it? LOL!) It was raced in the Dutch Supercar Series and puts out about 280hp.
                AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

Comment

phenomenal driving skills........oh and that car was pretty good too.
                  JAMES
                  sigpic

Comment

That was some great driving skill.. even with the shake at the end...280hp? ummm.. "wheres that flag!, Ive got it here somewhere..."
                    The Human Observer... p.s. my fish is camera shy.

Comment

Originally posted by Declan View Post
                      Just bought one of these, 5 speed.
                      Being fitted next week. Stright cut Gears, ratios to suit a 3.9 diff.
                      Let you know how it works out next week....
                      Declan, can you update us on how this worked out???? What's your take on it??

Originally posted by speedminded View Post
                      Gear whine? nahhh... ...
                      Tough to tell if the gear whine is from the diff or gearbox... whine dose not seem to change in pitch with gear shifts... leads me to think it's diff or at least final drive gear in GB...

Originally posted by PostmasterNY View Post
                      phenomenal driving skills........oh and that car was pretty good too.
                      +1... I was on the edge of my seat!!! Simply awesome car and driving.
                      Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
                      • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
                      • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
                      • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
                      • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
                      • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
                      • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
                      • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
                      • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
                      • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

Yeah....After I made the earlier post I continued to do further research on the topic. Agreed, the gear whine would certainly not be streetable.

I guess I am just frustrated with conventional manual boxes. I'd love to have something more precise with milisecond response time between gears to keep the S14 up in her powerband and allow the driver to focus on pure driving. Besides, there is something so damn sexy about a pure sequential box! Alas....seems it is not a viable street/track option.
                        E30 M3 / E46 M3 / E83 X3

Comment

With a lightweight flywheel/clutch assembly, a reworked tranny, and an aftermarket ECU, you would have the capability to flat shift (shift without lifting the gas pedal). That gets you close to a sequential setup, but without the headaches.
                          2003 Mitsu EVO VIII - 2.0L / 600+whp
                          1988 BMW M3 turbo - Work in progress. . .
                          1986 SVO Mustang - Work in progress. . .

Comment

Working...
                          X