A year later pictures of my 1989 Alpine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A year later pictures of my 1989 Alpine

So after reading the "is the forum dying" thread I realized I have never even posted pictures of mine. Picked it up from the 2nd owner last summer out of Portland, he posted on here once or twice but primarily was on r3v. I happened to find the car with some mediocre pictures posted on craigslist. Being currently located in Georgia I tasked out my dad to go inspect the car initial reports were promising and the car was in one of the two color combos I was looking for. Car fax history showed the 1st owner had it all the way until 2013 when the PO purchased it, at the time I bought it the po hadn't even registered it in his name. Some negotiations later and it was mine. For what is pretty much a one owner car with no crazy aftermarket mods on it, I would say I got a good deal especially in light if the recent buying /selling spree.

Bonus shot with the '02 and the D90.
    So far I have purchased
    - startecs
    - 16x8 BBS RS 211 (currently being refinished)
    - smoked side markers and fronts
    - original Euro hella ellipsoids
    - euro grill
    - replaced cheesy shift nob with OEM
    - original euro option blaupunkt memphis with aux input in the front
    - rogue engineering rear mounts
    - bilstein and H&r combo

Removed shitty old sub, cd changer, two Amps, and some other early to mid 90s nonsense that was cluttering up the car.

Comment

Looks great! 02 looks nice as well, you have good taste.
      1988 Lachs - sold
      1988 DS - sold
      Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Totally great taste!

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Is that a Defender on the right?
          --------------------------------------
          The God's chariot... (OO==[][]==OO)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freude Am Fahren View Post
            Is that a Defender on the right?
            Why yes it is '95 D90 NAS 3.9 V8 w/ manual Not particularly fast or fuel efficient by any stretch of the imagination. I actually bought that back in 2010 instead of an E30 M3 at that time, the price I was able to get on the defender was better relative to the average price than I was finding M3 for. I paid 17k for it bone stock then and probably wouldn't let it go for less than 30k now, most D90s at that time were already in the 20s on a "bubble" that has yet to burst. At the time swapped M3 were commanding a high price and I couldn't find any really clean S14 powered ones, which is what I wanted. Ones I did find had been track cars, or high mileage but price wise were in the 12-16 with really nice cars in low to mid 20s. Interestingly both vehicles have appreciated to about the same level.

Comment

I miss this car more and more every day. You're doing exactly what I would have done to it. Keep it up, sir. Glad to see it's in just as nice condition as it was when I sold it (if not better!)

Comment

I'm digging the Defender
                --------------------------------------
                The God's chariot... (OO==[][]==OO)
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X