Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3s at the Vintage 2017

Hi all,

This past weekend I flew from SF to Atlanta and drove up to the Vintage with my folks. We took my dad's (formerly my) '71 Chamonix 2002 and had a great time. There were 550 vintage BMWs on the lawn of the Hot Springs spa on Saturday, and at least 30 of them were E30 M3s! The most M3s I've seen in one place and certainly the most bimmers I've seen in a single location.

If you keep up with the S14 facebook group you might have seen me posting photos furiously, and if you were there in person you might have seen my running around snapping photos just as furiously. It was nice meeting some of the folks from the M3 community who I don't usually interact with from the California side of things.

In any case, I took a ton of photos and I wanted to share some of them here. While I know some people don't have a facebook account or just don't like using facebook, you should be able to view these photos without logging in. These are ordered somewhat logically and include some captions.

Road to the Vintage
    The Vintage 2017

Flickr album, less ordered/no captions but higher quality:

Flickr

Hope you enjoy. Some M3 standouts:

1988 Lachs - sold
    1988 DS - sold
    Bay Area M3 FB group

Awesome pics and great work Pall! That must have been a real treat to be reunited with your dad and old 2002

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
    97 Porsche Carrera S
    13 Audi S6
    SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
    GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

A "Terrific" job on capturing the moment! Can't get any better than that. Now that you mentioned it, I do recall seeing you taking the photos. Sorry we did not get a chance to meet, maybe next time. This was an amazing event, was fortunate to be able to attend. Great job!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nickn3 View Post
        A "Terrific" job on capturing the moment! Can't get any better than that. Now that you mentioned it, I do recall seeing you taking the photos. Sorry we did not get a chance to meet, maybe next time. This was an amazing event, was fortunate to be able to attend. Great job!

Nick
        Nick it was a pleasure meeting you and your Friends. Hope to make it up to an event in the NE sometime.

Santi

Comment

Great shots. Looked like a lot of fun.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
          85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Thanks for the shot's wish that I could have attended.
            Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

I think you might like this also... SF to Tacoma about 15 hour drive.
              June 25th
              http://www.e30picnic.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mcubed91 View Post
                I think you might like this also... SF to Tacoma about 15 hour drive.
                June 25th
                http://www.e30picnic.com/
                Pall - You come up and I'll give you choice of driving the e30 m3 or 325ix!

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
                97 Porsche Carrera S
                13 Audi S6
                SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
                GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Awesome shots! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleE30///M3 View Post

Pall - You come up and I'll give you choice of driving the e30 m3 or 325ix!
                    This is tempting... I would be up for this if we could get a little group together. Much more fun to caravan than to fly solo. Also a slightly easier drive than Sigfest!
                    1988 Lachs - sold
                    1988 DS - sold
                    Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Looks like a great day......Some lovely examples

Comment

Working...
                      X