X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djafactor
    replied
    Thanks guys.

I started with 400 as I had some black corosion. I believe the last grit I used was around 1000. To get the sanding grain to look even I took it to a friend's tire shop and we mounted the lip on the tire machine, spun the lip while holding the sandpaper against the lip. This resulted in a nice clean and even directional grain. It's pretty much impossible to get the grain perfect by hand.

Leave a comment:

• GeoS
    replied
    Great work! The satin look suits the car well.

May I ask what grit you used for the lip? I have a set sitting in the garage that need to be rebuilt.

Leave a comment:

• Ausm3
    replied
    wow thats very clean

Leave a comment:

• Steve88M3
    replied
    Looks great. Much better than the bling abuse they are so often victim of.

Leave a comment:

• evommm
    replied
    Absolutely perfect!!!
    mike

Leave a comment:

• djafactor
    started a topic Finally Refinshed my BBS RS Wheels

Finally Refinshed my BBS RS Wheels

It took some time to figure this out but after spending the last year trying to find a shop to refinish my bbs wheels I decided to tackle them myself. Local shops didn't want anything to do with the hand labour involved to restore these classics so after may forum reads & youtube tutorials I went about it on my own. My wheels had a clear coat that was starting to crack and peel which was also causing some corrosion so they were starting to look tired. I wanted something different and more subdued from the usual polished lip so after a lot of trial and error I managed to to hand sand them to a brushed satin look and had them powder coated clear for protection. I was also able to reuse the original bbs bolts by soaking them in vinegar to remove the clear & grime and then tossing them in a bullet case tumbler for a few days. When done they came out looking new. Centres were painted & gloss cleared and I'm loving the results. I was doing a photoshoot for a client last week where we used my car so was able to take some pics. Let me know what you guys think.

cheers

Working...
X