X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mlytle
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post

But it does look much more red (or less orange) against the orange motorcycle LOL
    Lol... But against my zinnorot M2... It's orange!

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    Originally posted by mlytle View Post
    There is something about orange BMW's..

Despite it having "ROT" in the color name...Henna is ORANGE!
    But it does look much more red (or less orange) against the orange motorcycle LOL

Leave a comment:

• mlytle
    replied
    There is something about orange BMW's..

Despite it having "ROT" in the color name...Henna is ORANGE!

Leave a comment:

• L James
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. Those are from a E39 and require hubcentric rings.

• mlytle
    replied
    track day was on a counter clockwise track. that and the understeer resulted in this after only 4 10min sessions.
    (left tire is left rear, right tire is right front.)

Leave a comment:

• mlytle
    replied

action shot..

forgot to mention i also replaced the front control arms.

have had 4 set of wheels for it.
    originals - pristine and i really do not like basketweaves. they absolutely suck to clean. they went off to storage.
    E39 M5 reps - 17x7.5 et20. pic in post #6. wrong hub diameter and stockish BMW wheels are HEAVY. they went to craigslist.
    TD 17x8's - fit well, 17's are heavy. these are the running around wheels with pirelli P-zero Nero's on them
    BBS RX224. 15x7.5 et 15. track wheels. 225/50 yoko A052's. the ET 15 is a bit too much as tires touch the fender wheels at lock. should be Et20. oh well!

the current suspension setup (HR sport/koni sport/stock sway bars) really is too soft for track use and has significant understeer. really needs stiffer springs and sway bars...but i really don't want to be welding sway bar reinforcements on the car.

Leave a comment:

• RichB
    replied
    The rims do require adapters being the hub is a different size than the rim opening. They also need a different offset. I didn't like the standard rings so I had a set of spacers, i think they were 10 mm thick) that matched the opening in the rim but were too thick machined down to the necessary thickness. I think they're 5 or 7mm now. Not very expensive and I don't have any wheel vibration and I think its safer.

Rich

Leave a comment:

• Dave @nz
    replied
    Looks really good and very thorough well thought out maintenance list great to see maintenance first cost 2nd, the heater core replaced before it leaks on to the carpet superb.
    I think 25 years and then all the rubber bushings hoses etc are perished and tired due for replacement.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Steve88M3
    replied
    Originally posted by RichB View Post
    I like your '88 Henna Red M3 a lot. Here's mine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Best Cropped.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	1293334
    sorry to be off topic, but do those require hubcentric rings?

Leave a comment:

• Konig
    replied
    I'm glad you've started a thread, thanks for sharing the progress and I look forward to seeing all you get up to.

Leave a comment:

• evommm
    replied
    I miss mine but it was wreaked 25 years ago
    I have to see if it’s been resurrected from the dead like a couple I bought over the years have been crashed and glued back together
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• RichB
    replied
    I like your '88 Henna Red M3 a lot. Here's mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Best Cropped.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1293334

Leave a comment:

• mlytle
    replied
    deleted dupe content

Leave a comment:

• mlytle
    replied
    With all that done and a couple hundred miles of local drives to make sure all was working correctly, it was time for a proper “test drive”. Off to Summit Point for a day with the NCC BMWCCA. Car preformed flawlessly. Not a track setup, so car was a bit soft, but still was a bunch of fun.

in car video from part of a session.

https://youtu.be/9adrWFJutkY

Now I will have to spend a bunch of time cleaning off dirt, rubber bits, and brake dust….but I think I have a happier car!

Leave a comment:

• mlytle
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X