No announcement yet.

Photo time line of my M3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please tell me the first thing you ever did was clean that engine bay! I test drove a bucket last week that made that pic of your engine bay look sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by M_US_E30
      Please tell me the first thing you ever did was clean that engine bay! I test drove a bucket last week that made that pic of your engine bay look sweet.
      It's much cleaner now... though still not as clean as I would like it to be.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

Originally posted by ROB89M3
        Kevin,
        are you the second owner?
        I never seen pics of your car in its stock form.
        Actually, I think I'm like the 8th owner with 6 of them being different wholesalers.

When I bought the M3 is was 100% stock and the way it is today is all me.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

Re: M Parallels

Originally posted by kxlara
          I am sure that it is somewhere on the SIG, but I am being a bit lazy, what did you have to do to get these to fit? Is it a standard offset, or did you have to get some spacers?
          Shoot me an email and I'll get you all the info you need, OEM or repro.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

I'd like to say thanks for all the kind words guys; it definitely makes it all worth while.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

Kev, how long have you owned your car?

Looks awesome, although I almost lost my lunch when I saw that engine bay!
              Bryan K.
              Texas A&M Formula SAE

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan
                Kev, how long have you owned your car?

Looks awesome, although I almost lost my lunch when I saw that engine bay!
                Believe it or not... just under 3 years.

Don't worry about the engine bay, it has since been cleaned up. Though if I get my way the M3 will get stripped down to metal and rebuilt a little more seriously. Full DTM spec cage and seam welding and all non-essentials removed, along with programmable EFI and there is even a good chance for some boost. Not a lot, just enough for 300-350hp and similar torque. BTW, that would be out of 2.3L.
                Last edited by M3NTAL Kev; 01-12-2003, 05:08 PM.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

Kevin,are you going the DTM Carbon airbox route ?
                  Did you bypass the AFM already? You can easily put that on your engine.
                  Rob,

I've been a little lazy and I haven't yet installed the LINK. I will probably get to it very shortly and likely will have some friends with LINK experience install it for me. Trust me, when its done, you'll know about it.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

Thanks.
                    1 Other question,why not have Bavarian install it for you? Don't trust their work?Too expensive? John is looking into a system for me and is close to having everything sorted out soon.
                    Are the people installing it for you a BMW shop?
                    Why not have them install it? Well, for starters they have zero experience with aftermarket systems of any kind. I'm kinda getting tired of John telling me that the factory setups are the best.

The last few times the car was at Raven, I have received extremely poor service and the last time they carelessly put my car on the ground causing the spring to pop out and tear off my drivers side outer CV boot. When it was discovered, the first thing said to me was, "Did YOU tell Steve to make sure the springs were oin there perches?". Last I checked, I had brought the car to them because they were professionals. Trying to blame me for not telling their mechanic that a short length spring could pop out of the perch when the car is on the lift when they installed the suspension and have have the car there numerous times before sorted pissed me off.

Anyhow, my friend Jimmy or J&R Turbo have done numerous aftermarket systems, and frankly does good work. John basically told me that if they installed it I would be on my own and they could not help me and that if the engine "blows up" it won't be their fault. That doesn't sound very confidence inspiring to me.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

Working...
                    X