• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My E30 M3 Purchase, 2 mo. later

Alternate Thread Title: "The De-Ricing of a Legend"

First, some before pics:

What's been done so far:
    All stickers removed and I put a BMW.WilliamsF1 sticker on each side rear window. I'll be sure to add the new BMWF1 logo for 2006.
    Eyelid removed.
    E36 M3 mirrors out, stock E30 M3 mirrors back on.
    White gauge half-functioning cluster replaced with a stock, black-faced fully functioning cluster.
    CF Hood has been painted body color.
    Dent in Driver's side front fender repaired.
    SS MidPipe (no cats) --> B&B Exhaust is being swapped out tomorrow for VSR midpipe --> SS Racepipe.

I've had some coolant issues, 3 tyres that don't hold air well, a wheel balance issue (that I can't fix until I find an MK wheel lock or order one) and an alignment that needs to be done. Other than that.....
    Oh, and a good deal of engine work that will be done over the winter. The Corbeau death-traps will be swapped out for some proper kit, most likely Cobra Suzukas with rails and sidemonts. A brake change and some new rubber and it should be ready for the track. A money pit indeed, but a money pit I will take to the grave. I count the selling of my E46 convertible and the purchase of my E30 M3 as the start of my "collection." I hope many will join the stable.

Now a few more recent pictures of #587.

www.ubertechnik.com

excellent!!!
    1990 e30 m3

Comment

hey man! nice to see you have nice one...
      one thing worth noting, relocate the rear ///m badge to the right place.. it's too high and to the left

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

Thanks. Maybe we can meet up so I can use yours as a template? I'm not sure of the proper distance from the top/side of the boot.
        www.ubertechnik.com

Comment

looks nice optimo, cheers on the "restoration."

..."Corbeau death-traps"...? I assume you have reclining seats there, are they a known safety issue? I was under the impression that Corbeau made very nice, at least composite fixed-back, seats?
          -Eric

Comment

MK wheel lock key

I have MK wheels and I live in north-west NJ. Let me know if you still need help with the lock. [email protected]
            --Ron

Comment

excellent....now get rid of that CF tape in the taillights....and there should be a template for the M3 symbol somewhere around this site...search it up

Comment

Yeah, I'm trying to find the replacement tape. There's CF tape on the damn sills, too. :ugh:

I'll go search the M3 template.
                Corbeas are FIA certified for a crash. I think I could break the Corbeau Legacy's in half with a powerful sneeze.
                www.ubertechnik.com

Comment

no tape needed between the taillights

Comment

Oh, I thought you were talking about the bumper for some reason. Didn't even notice that stupid crap on the tail lights.

Poor M3. I'll save her in the morning before my ride up to VSR.
                    www.ubertechnik.com

Comment

AWESOME!
                      1990 BMW M3
                      1988 Lamborghini Countach
                      2004 Mercedes Benz S500 Lorinser
                      2005 Mercedes Benz ML 500
                      2006 Mercedes Benz ML 500

Comment

Optimo,

Looking good. You've done many of the things I'd do too. I'll second the question about the Corbeaus. I've no doubt there are better/safer race seats out there (that cost a lot more of course), but 'death-traps' seems a bit strong. What do you know that I don't?

-Dietrich

Comment

Good job, Another M3 bought back to former glory
                          Evo

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich
                            Optimo,

Looking good. You've done many of the things I'd do too. I'll second the question about the Corbeaus. I've no doubt there are better/safer race seats out there (that cost a lot more of course), but 'death-traps' seems a bit strong. What do you know that I don't?

-Dietrich
                            I’d rather track in stock seats than the Corbeau Legacy’s. I really think I could snap them in half with a powerful sneeze, let alone any mentionable incident. My theory is that proper seats come before bar which come before belts. I’ll throw some proper FIA certified seats that are sled crashed and work from there.
                            www.ubertechnik.com

Comment

Have fun with that VSR/SS Race combo. HOpe you dont plan on taking too many long trips in the car, becuase that setup is LOUD! Sounds really great however.

Will
                              Increasing the value of E30 M3's everywhere - one shunt at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X