• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I'm in........

Hi everyone.
    A lot of you will have seen these pics before, but here goes anyway:

My road car (well it is now).
    1990 2.3 in Brilliant Red. De-cat. Momo wheel. Mintex pads. That's about it. 100K miles. Chain done.

My track car.
    1990 Sport Evolution in Brilliant Red. De-cat. Adjustable suspension. Half cage. Harnesses. Fire extinguisher (!). Strut brace. Brake cooling kit. No sunroof, no aircon, no stereo, wind-up windows, cloth seats. 100K miles. Chain done.

And no, the Z1 isn't mine!! Nice car, that.
    Cheers all.
    John W
    1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
    1990 E30 M3
    http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

Dammit John!!! Stop posting piccies of your car or you will tempt me with a half-cage!!!
    I don't think I would want to go for the complete rool-cage purely from a hassle point of view, but I do love the look of the M3 with that diagonal in the rear and a half-cage would get me there!! (actually I love the look of any car with a cage in, and yes I know the point of roll-cages isn't for aesthetics but I think you can let me off this once... )

Do you find it makes a HUGE difference to the handling over your normal M3? (I know there are more mods on the Sport Evo so it's difficult to tell but as a best guestimate?)

Comment

Hi Darran,
      To be honest, I haven't got a clue what difference the cage makes because the car came with it and adjustable suspension and a strut brace as well, so it feels completely different to my unmodified road car.
      Thanks for the compliments though. Go on....get a cage!
      John W
      1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
      1990 E30 M3

Comment

Hello and Welcome!

Am I the only person that can't view the pics? Weird?

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
          Hello and Welcome!

Am I the only person that can't view the pics? Weird?
          They are taking a long time to load but I can definitely see them........sorry, not much help really..:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by John W (UK)
            Hi Darran,
            To be honest, I haven't got a clue what difference the cage makes because the car came with it and adjustable suspension and a strut brace as well, so it feels completely different to my unmodified road car.
            Thanks for the compliments though. Go on....get a cage!
            Well the only thing that would put me off getting a cage is people moaning because I have butchered a Cecotto, but as yours is a Sport Evo I guess they will hunt you down with the flaming torches first!!!

I think a half-cage is a good plan as well as I have a sunroof. Mind you, Kevin has a sunroof doesn't he? Anyone know if his is a full or half-cage?

Comment

Hi Rob,
              Your M3 is one of my favourites. I know it from over on Roadfly. I like the number stickers on the sides of the car and the wheels are excellent.
              Yup....owning 2 of these is not cheap. However, I think I can justify it. I have spent a fair bit on the road car getting it up to scratch in the 2 1/2 years I have owned it. It has had all the normal stuff fixed, and I reckon that now, running costs should be reasonable. The main reason I kept this 2.3 car as my daily driver when I got the Sport Evo was because it will not suffer depreciation. If I replaced it with a "normal" BMW/Audi/VW etc, I would lose thousands over a couple of years. This is how I justify keeping both of them anyway!
              Anyone else fancy buying a second one? They are pretty cheap now, well they are in the UK anyway. I know of 2 top class examples for sale for 8000........what else could you buy for that amount of money and come anywhere close to an M3?
              John W
              1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
              1990 E30 M3

Comment

Hi John, glad to see you again.I have finally got mine back mate & it is all in the manner in which BMW intended her to be,except the paint job,it is like glass.

The more I see your Sport the more i feel the need to drop mine a couple of inches.Only 1 prob, all my money went on the paint job:sosad: Oh well can't have everything.I tell you what though, 5 weeks driving around in a Fiat "Bastard"(Brava)makes you appreciate what you've got when you get it back:p :p
                www.bayareamotorsport.com/gary

Comment

Hi Gary. I'm chuffed you have the car back and all is well once again. Enjoy it.
                  John W
                  1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
                  1990 E30 M3

Comment

Working...
                  X