my e30...non-M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my e30...non-M

Pic taken at California Speedway Infield track...

Hey guys, I am new around here. I do not own an M3 - some days I wish I did, somedays I wish I don't. I try to track my car as much as possible. I am currently rebuilding my suspension that will include custom front coilover pieces with custom valved Bilstein shocks. I am also working on a streetable rear REAL coilover kit with purpose built shock mounts that will handle the daily torture without ripping the rear sheet metal.

I have been lurking since this site opened. I must say this is one of the best boards around.

I know a bit about E30 M3s so I will try to help out as much as I can. I have a lot of experience in the BMW world.

Yes, I know I have a cheesy fake EVOIII wing

Re: my e30...non-M

Originally posted by trent

Pic taken at California Speedway Infield track...

Yes, I know I have a cheesy fake EVOIII wing
    There is nothing cheezy about taking it to the track!

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

This IS NOT some other sites we all know and hate that is going to dog you car. Why dont you show some up front shots of the splitter, that shit is hot. I see nothing wrong with the fake e3 wing, atleast you have something back there:cool:
      Last edited by Jess e30 ///M3; 09-06-2003, 04:18 PM.

Comment

nice photo! I like the car too! It's not concorse looking, but it looks like it is meant to go fast!

I and many others have GC coilovers in the front and the rear. they seam to do the job both at the track and for the street, what is wrong with them in your opinion?

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
        they are not idiots.

Comment

Welcome!

Th pic is fucking HOT! Looks pretty low already. What springs you running?

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
            nice photo! I like the car too! It's not concorse looking, but it looks like it is meant to go fast!

I and many others have GC coilovers in the front and the rear. they seam to do the job both at the track and for the street, what is wrong with them in your opinion?
            I like GC, but they are not exactly what I want. I know of other inserts that work in the housings that are *slightly* larger (they only work if you take off the paint) and are a few inches shorter. If I really decide to go all the way I will be using these. Other wise I will have my standard Bilstein Sports revalved and have the internal bumpstops cut.

I just personally do not like the GC perch on the rear trailing arm. I will be doing something like this (this is on my friends street car) but it will be using a 5way adjustable aluminum threaded body Bilstein race shock.

I just want something balls out.

Magnus, I currently am on H&R Race.

Comment

Hey can I get some more info on that rear coilover setup??? That looks pretty interesting to me, Ive never seen it thats why. LOL.

Any info would be appriciated, where the parts were found/ made, cost, how intense to install, yata yata yata.

Jess

Comment

My work in progress on the Leda coilovers... as you can seen had to reroute the breather line. Now the clearance is sorted I'll remove take it all out and redo the underseal. It's not finished so no comments about the unclosed pipe on the left etc etc

Ultimately I think I will move the line inside the car (with braided hoses). Then there are no clearance or rubbing isses to worry about period.

Thing is no matter what I do to this car.. every job seems to lead onto another.
                Last edited by Houlbt; 09-14-2003, 02:15 AM.
                https://www.facebook.com/BMDmotorsport
                https://twitter.com/BMDracing

Comment

Working...
                X