Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New interior job on my Henna ? Help Please ! Any suggestions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New interior job on my Henna ? Help Please ! Any suggestions ?

Hello everyone !

As some of you know, I recently bought my M3 and although the car is in pretty good condition it needs a couple of restoration jobs...Starting with releather of seats,str.wheel,gearknob,e-brake boot !
    I want to keep the OEM look as much as possible but also open to new ideas. The car is Henna Red and I'm leaning towards full black leather with red stitching or full black with white sticthing and on the door panels, also full black leather with degreed red or white stitching parallel to door grabs...What do you guys think?:lostme: Any picture of your suggestion would be golden ! Fire away

Thanks in advance,:thank you
    Can,

'87 E30 M3 (Henna Restoration)
    '00 E36/8 Z3 M Coupé Turbo
    '11 E90 320d M Sport

This is pretty much what I have on my mind except with red stitches !

or

Some two tone like this..

Can,

'11 E90 320d M Sport

Comment

I would imagine Kevin Chinn could make them, don't know if he ships to Istanbul or not. Perhaps he'll chime in.
      www.seatkit.com

Comment

just straight restoration without the contrasting stitching

Comment

I agree with CourtM3.
          Petro

Comment

Originally posted by CLUBBER View Post
            Hello everyone !

As some of you know, I recently bought my M3 and although the car is in pretty good condition it needs a couple of restoration jobs...Starting with releather of seats,str.wheel,gearknob,e-brake boot !
            I want to keep the OEM look as much as possible but also open to new ideas. The car is Henna Red and I'm leaning towards full black leather with red stitching or full black with white sticthing and on the door panels, also full black leather with degreed red or white stitching parallel to door grabs...What do you guys think?:lostme: Any picture of your suggestion would be golden ! Fire away

Thanks in advance,:thank you

Check out this GB & contact hamann. He can set you up with the right person. HTH

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24657

Rey
            "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Originally posted by sam3 View Post
              I would imagine Kevin Chinn could make them, don't know if he ships to Istanbul or not. Perhaps he'll chime in.
              www.seatkit.com
              I already have a leather shop. I just need opinions on what to go for ! Thanks

Originally posted by CourtM3 View Post
              just straight restoration without the contrasting stitching
              Oh really ? Would red stitches really mess up the oem look. The car already has white stitsches on leather-houndstook upholstery...

Originally posted by ///M0F01SD View Post
              Check out this GB & contact hamann. He can set you up with the right person. HTH

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24657

Rey
              As I told, I already found the place , I just need pattern and color ideas !
              Thanks again....
              Can,

'11 E90 320d M Sport

Comment

If you already have a place, and you know what you want (contrast stitching, etc) - why are you asking us? Sounds like you got a good idea without our input. If you want to look at what contrast stitching looks like, go look at the SRD's - they do red & white stitch on the Avus cloth ones.

Nice car BTW.

Comment

The interior in your car is already fairly rare.
                  Since you bought such a low mileage car, that has been in storage, why do you think it needs to be retrimmed? Personal preference?

The value of this car is in its originality... not saying you shouldn't retrim, but I'd make sure its really "worth it".
                  Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
                    If you already have a place, and you know what you want (contrast stitching, etc) - why are you asking us? Sounds like you got a good idea without our input. If you want to look at what contrast stitching looks like, go look at the SRD's - they do red & white stitch on the Avus cloth ones.

Nice car BTW.
                    I didn't ask for a leather shop or anything I just asked for opinions on what type of combo to go for...! I'm not certain on what I want I just have ideas and a few more wouldn't hurt !

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                    The interior in your car is already fairly rare.
                    Since you bought such a low mileage car, that has been in storage, why do you think it needs to be retrimmed? Personal preference?

The value of this car is in its originality... not saying you shouldn't retrim, but I'd make sure its really "worth it".
                    I agree that the interior is rare and pretty well keptand I'm all for stock look but the cloth parts of the upholstery is pretty worn and have small holes on them which ı keep noticing... besides the smell and look of fresh leather job is just to tempting...

BTW, all the leather on the retrim job will be OEM material...So back to topic, anymore ideas people ???
                    Can,

'11 E90 320d M Sport

Comment

Originality is the key on these cars. As someone said on other thread the ones who will fetch higher will certainly be the original -looking cars.

Just equate if your car really needs a re.trim or if repairing the worn out leather panels would be enough. If they're beyond restoration then re-trim to the exact OEM spec.

Wanted an opinion there you go...

Comment

I like the first pic you posted up.
                        Terrance

Comment

Never seen a Houndstooth doen that way, wonder if it was an indvidual or done later in life if and when the bolster got worn.

I leaning leave alone. My opinion.
                          Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Point taken people ! It seems to keep the original upholstery is the general opinion...You guys won't allow me it seems Can I at least renew the Steering wheel,gearknob,ebrake boot...please please :
                            Can,

'11 E90 320d M Sport

Comment

Why don't you just do whatever you like, and keep the OEM parts tucked safely away. Then you can have as mild or wild of an interior, or anything 'un-doable' - and go back with the original part if for some reason you decide to sell someday.

Best of both worlds that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X