Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
    What's that mean?

i mean for me its not about making money off of it, its about making it a bitch of a car.....
    "ABE PERFORMANCE LLC & RPG Racing"

Comment

Originally posted by kamakevie View Post
      this will be interesting to see what you can make of it, keep us updated

UPDATE......the car does have a good running motor in it if anyone is interested in it! I will do a video of the compression test...PM me with an offer

Comment

Didn't you say there was no motor?:lostme: What, did you forget to check under the hood to see if there was one?

What type of motor are you going to put into your project car?

Comment

Originally posted by silver bullet
          The deal was for no motor the owner was gonna put the S14 into a 2002ti
          but i guess he changed his mind. I already have an M88 24V 3.4L to drop in

stuff going in...

M88 fully built 9.0.1 compression
          custom 2 disk clutch setup
          custom turbo manifold
          Gt42 turbo
          DTA eng mngmt
          1000cc injectors
          Brembo big Brakes
          Traction control
          2.79 LSD
          some other custom goodies.......

so basically I got the car for free .....:jakeguita :jakeroutine:

Comment

No FREAKING WAY

THAT'S MY OLD CAR

It was my track bitch for a little over a year. I sold it to some guy in South Florida who wanted to "restore it to factory".

It looks like he hasn't touched it. 160k or so on the motor, rock solid when I had it last. It looks like pretty much nothing has changed.

I can't believe this, I thought that thing was scrap a long time ago.

Comment

^^^What's the story on your old car? how did it end up in it's present condition?
              Terrance

Comment

Basically I bought it in Providence, RI from a couple who owned another E30 M3. It was the first one I had ever driven and the only one I could afford at the time. It was advertised for $7500 but I bought the car for $5500. There was rust on the windshield cowling, a dent in the RF fender and hood, and other misc collision damage on the front end. The car was basically worn, with almost 160k on the clock but man was it a fun machine! It ended up being one of the most reliable cars that I have owned, ironic for it's condition and miles. I bet it would start right up now and go another 30k.

When I got the car back to Pittsburgh, PA I stripped out the interior and put the roll cage/seats in. I took it to various track events in the area on the stock suspension. At some point I put that splitter on, it is actually just a piece of home depot garden edging, but it actually works. I didn't care how the car looked, it was pretty rough anyways, so I didn't mind much. The plan was to make the car into a BMWCCA J Stock contender but that never happened, due to budget constraints at the time. I almost wish I could have that car back, a E30 race car build would be a lot of fun right now.

The car looks just about the same as when I left it, even down to the spare parts laying around the interior. I suspect the owner parked it and left it. I sold the car on ebay to him, with explicit comments on how rough it was and very detailed photos, yet he seemed disappointed when it arrived. I think he didn't do his research. I ended up selling him the car for around $5700. I drove it from Orlando, FL (my home at the time, I had moved with the car not that long ago) to around Margate, FL and climbed out of it for the last time somewhere in the summer of '05.

On a side note that was the first older BMW that my father drove. He came back enamored. We now have 3 E30 M3s and an E28 M5 between the two of us.

Comment

Originally posted by D.R. View Post
                  Basically I bought it in Providence, RI from a couple who owned another E30 M3. It was the first one I had ever driven and the only one I could afford at the time. It was advertised for $7500 but I bought the car for $5500. There was rust on the windshield cowling, a dent in the RF fender and hood, and other misc collision damage on the front end. The car was basically worn, with almost 160k on the clock but man was it a fun machine! It ended up being one of the most reliable cars that I have owned, ironic for it's condition and miles. I bet it would start right up now and go another 30k.

When I got the car back to Pittsburgh, PA I stripped out the interior and put the roll cage/seats in. I took it to various track events in the area on the stock suspension. At some point I put that splitter on, it is actually just a piece of home depot garden edging, but it actually works. I didn't care how the car looked, it was pretty rough anyways, so I didn't mind much. The plan was to make the car into a BMWCCA J Stock contender but that never happened, due to budget constraints at the time. I almost wish I could have that car back, a E30 race car build would be a lot of fun right now.

The car looks just about the same as when I left it, even down to the spare parts laying around the interior. I suspect the owner parked it and left it. I sold the car on ebay to him, with explicit comments on how rough it was and very detailed photos, yet he seemed disappointed when it arrived. I think he didn't do his research. I ended up selling him the car for around $5700. I drove it from Orlando, FL (my home at the time, I had moved with the car not that long ago) to around Margate, FL and climbed out of it for the last time somewhere in the summer of '05.

On a side note that was the first older BMW that my father drove. He came back enamored. We now have 3 E30 M3s and an E28 M5 between the two of us.

Well you described it to the Teeee!!

Have no fear it will become a once again awsome car....a SUPRA killer

Comment

Working...
                  X