Video's from the weekend at the Nürburgring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video's from the weekend at the Nürburgring

I still have a few to shrink and upload. One to start.

Considering that the combined age of drivers and cars is 202 years, it still looks pretty good IMHO :healthyjake:

Video1, three old blokes having fun
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM7196KIEY8

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

That was great! Thanks for the vid Uwe!

Comment

very Tight!!
      Hosting provided by FotoTime
      Robert Warren 88' Diamond ///M3

Comment

This one is not bad either.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoItXF40ppM&NR=1

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
        1989 M3 racecar
        e39 Touring

Comment

^^ Wow, who was in the white M3? Wish I could read german.
          Terrance

Comment

Very cool!

Mvy.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

that's awesome ! My car would be at home on the Ring :cycle:

Comment

Originally posted by ///M3 Terr View Post
                ^^ Wow, who was in the white M3? Wish I could read german.
                don't worry about the german bit's, I just added some funny comments.
                The white car belongs to Klaus and is very very high spec.
                Grp A front axle setup (he sells the replica setups btw)
                Porsche Cup racing ABS
                Carbon fenders and bonnet
                Motec 800 ECU with all sorts of channels hooked (30+ if I remember right)
                Brembo 4 pot brakes
                KW Type3 suspension
                18 inch Lemans
                1080kg weight!
                carbon airbox
                and and and.....

actually we got told off for undertaking......

I got told off later big time, was undertaking and instructor in the uphill right hander after Bruennchen, ooops.....

Comment

Hi Uwe.

I always wanted to know how discipline was enforced on that track. It looks like everyone is courteous and doesn't do silly things. Nonetheless, you mentioned you were "told off" (which I don't understand the meaning but guess you were warned). So, please explain how things are done and what you did wrong. Did you pass in a corner, or did you not allow enough room between you and another driver/rider?

TIA

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                  1989 M3 racecar
                  e39 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
                    Hi Uwe.

I always wanted to know how discipline was enforced on that track. It looks like everyone is courteous and doesn't do silly things. Nonetheless, you mentioned you were "told off" (which I don't understand the meaning but guess you were warned). So, please explain how things are done and what you did wrong. Did you pass in a corner, or did you not allow enough room between you and another driver/rider?

TIA

German road laws apply. Overtaking only on the left. I overtook on the right.....
                    I am not quite sure if he was more angry about the fact that I overtook him on the right, or the fact how easy I overtook him. (...as he is an driving instructor)
                    Don't get me wrong, I would never overtake on the right if there wasn't more than enough room and everybody is save. Our lines didn't even cross each others, to me that says a lot. I didn't even change the line I usualy take through this bend, he was so far out that I was concerned he will leave the tarmac with at least 2 wheels and my car will be shot blasted (again!)
                    That bend is anyway a well know place for people to run out of road.
                    Nevertheless, I have overtaken on the right and that is wrong. Regardless what crap people in front are driving. I will not do this again.

BTW they have a lot oc CCTV cameras round the track and some marshalls on bikes.

Comment

That's good to know: so, only passing on the left, just as on a regular road. That makes things simpler to understand, simpler than passing off line, while slow cars stays on line. I suppose that, of course, slower vehicles move over to allow faster cars to pass and that is is strictly enforced.

A common problem with many "advanced" drivers at drivers schools, is guys with fast cars but not much technique. 2002s and e30 M3s are on their bumpers in every corner, but they manage to get away by pressing the gaz, out of the corner, allowing to create some distance, but only until the next corner, where more nimble cars must slow down. I guess this is also a common problem on the Ring.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                      1989 M3 racecar
                      e39 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
                        A common problem with many "advanced" drivers at drivers schools, is guys with fast cars but not much technique. 2002s and e30 M3s are on their bumpers in every corner, but they manage to get away by pressing the gaz, out of the corner, allowing to create some distance, but only until the next corner, where more nimble cars must slow down. I guess this is also a common problem on the Ring.
                        That's actually even worse on the Ring. There are too many bends and shorts straights. Even with much more horses you will not escape that much if you not know your way round the bends.

Track knowledge is the most important thing on the Ring. It's really hard to imagine if you haven't been there yourself. The Ring is not comparable with a "curcuit" type of race track.

Comment

Working...
                        X