Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EVOSPEC View Post
    Eddie -
    I'm glad your a happy camper. I don't mean to flame this good thread, but I just have to comment about this and rightfully defend myself. First of all, don't ruin a good relationship (between you and I). This is an unfair statement - "The previous owner made it sound like the car drove fine & that all the kinks w/ the Alpha-N were ironed out prior to my ownership" - you used to refer to my name, now your refer to me as a "previous owner"...come on!

Prior to selling the car I had Jonathan B. (known to S14 member as well) retuned the car. If I have to I could drag him to comment here (as a proof). Prior to that I had Dick over at DSR tuned the A-N as well. You rightfully know that cause I gave you ALL my receipts.

As I stated before I disclosed everything to you prior to selling. Please if you have any issues, you know where to reach me. This is uncalled for.

-Adrian
    Whoa, Adrian, hold your horses man. I wasn't at all inferring that you mislead me. I am responsible for my purchase and chose to buy it sight unseen w/ no PPI. The only reason why I referred to you as the "previous owner" is b/c your are and BECAUSE I did not want to make it sound like I was singling you out personally for puffing up the car. At the moment I was typing, I was just typing what came to mind and I did not go back and reevaluate my words. I certainly was not meaning to incite any anomosity. The problem w/ written forums is that you can't tell what tone is being used- necessarily. I probably should have worded it better, but simply put, all I was trying to say is that every time we spoke, you were ecstatic about how the car drove. And that feeling could be subjective b/c while you may feel that the car drives awesome, someone else may feel differently depending on what one is used to driving. I just didn't get that feeling that it was fun to drive based on my personal interpretation of what "fun" is. I mean, I didn't have a benchmark for comparison, only someone else telling me that hey, this car has been retuned by someone who knows what they're doing- which leaves me to initially think well, that said, this is the way it runs and I have to live w/ it. But now, I know the full potential of the Alpha-N, which I would never have realized had I not failed emmissions- I likely would not have voluntarily taken it in for a retuning based on the fact that I had no reason to think that Jonathan & Dick's tuning could be improved upon. Hope that makes sense. Again no hard feelings Adrian. You are a man of integrity I know and I am happy with my purchase. This is way of topic, my original intent was just to give the other guy a thumbs up to take his car to RRT.

-Eddie

Comment

i wonder what the cause of the degradation in tune was? elevation? humidity? doesn't sound like any parts were changed.

i have a new expansion valve, drier, and low side hose. i've had all this stuff for a year now, just haven't found the time to dig in and replace it all. so far i've done all the work on my car, with some assistance, but for this i may have them do it since you've verified they can get their hands on R-12.

if you're interested, there's a club race this weekend at summit point. RRT is racing their new car. i'm going out to watch.
      James
      sigpic

Comment

We really need to have a DC area GTG or RRT needs to have another one so everyone can bring their M's out of the sheds.
        Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by jht3 View Post
          i wonder what the cause of the degradation in tune was? elevation? humidity? doesn't sound like any parts were changed.

i have a new expansion valve, drier, and low side hose. i've had all this stuff for a year now, just haven't found the time to dig in and replace it all. so far i've done all the work on my car, with some assistance, but for this i may have them do it since you've verified they can get their hands on R-12.

if you're interested, there's a club race this weekend at summit point. RRT is racing their new car. i'm going out to watch.
          Hi James,

Thanks for the info. on the races, unfortunately I'll be out of town. We ought to meet up at the Cars & Coffee at the Rockville Starbucks sometime before the summer is over though.

Apologies to Adrian, this M3 is cleaner than most '07s. James brought up an excellent point, and that is there was likely a degradation in the tune from San Fran. to VA. I thought this might be possibility- I forgot that changes in elevation, climate, humidity can affect the tune (?) Whatever the case, it probably drove well in San Fran. and Adrian probably thought I was a big pussy for not knowing how to properly drive a stick shift :

Comment

rockville....boooo

what is cars & coffee?
            James
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
              We really need to have a DC area GTG or RRT needs to have another one so everyone can bring their M's out of the sheds.
              Ooh, if there was a big E30 M3 event south of DC I might even drive the 4 hours up from North Carolina... I'm always jealous of the pictures from those NY/NJ events. By the way, the guys from RRT are awesome. They really helped me out a few weeks ago at VIR.
              Dominic

Comment

Originally posted by qwkslvrnsx View Post
                Whoa, Adrian, hold your horses man. I wasn't at all inferring that you mislead me. I am responsible for my purchase and chose to buy it sight unseen w/ no PPI. The only reason why I referred to you as the "previous owner" is b/c your are and BECAUSE I did not want to make it sound like I was singling you out personally for puffing up the car. At the moment I was typing, I was just typing what came to mind and I did not go back and reevaluate my words. I certainly was not meaning to incite any anomosity. The problem w/ written forums is that you can't tell what tone is being used- necessarily. I probably should have worded it better, but simply put, all I was trying to say is that every time we spoke, you were ecstatic about how the car drove. And that feeling could be subjective b/c while you may feel that the car drives awesome, someone else may feel differently depending on what one is used to driving. I just didn't get that feeling that it was fun to drive based on my personal interpretation of what "fun" is. I mean, I didn't have a benchmark for comparison, only someone else telling me that hey, this car has been retuned by someone who knows what they're doing- which leaves me to initially think well, that said, this is the way it runs and I have to live w/ it. But now, I know the full potential of the Alpha-N, which I would never have realized had I not failed emmissions- I likely would not have voluntarily taken it in for a retuning based on the fact that I had no reason to think that Jonathan & Dick's tuning could be improved upon. Hope that makes sense. Again no hard feelings Adrian. You are a man of integrity I know and I am happy with my purchase. This is way of topic, my original intent was just to give the other guy a thumbs up to take his car to RRT.

-Eddie
                No worries

-Adrian
                I'd rather be out in my M3 right about now...

Comment

Ahhhh!!! You guys kissed and made up...now shut up and drive.

Someone please talk me out of selling my car to get an sl55 or 993 twin turbo:(

Comment

SL55 boring..... now the 993TT, I won't even try. That car is awesome sitting still. But cost a pretty penny to maintain in comparioson to M's.
                    Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

What exhaust you running?

Comment

Originally posted by JaredwS View Post
                        What exhaust you running?
                        I believe Super Sprint

Comment

Working...
                        X