X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• falt black e30 m3?

has anyone done this or got a pic?
    1990 BMW S50B30 Euro E30.

no but im intrigued by the concept.....a clean flat black would prob be sweet ace

Comment

Originally posted by Redbeard View Post
      no but im intrigued by the concept.....a clean flat black would prob be sweet ace
      I agree! It would be tits

Comment

yeah deff, thinking of doing it....hmmm....

Comment

I'm in the middle of painting my car DS, just wet sanded the clear coat and waiting to buff it. It looks kinda flat black, I'll try to post pics. Maybe to get an idea

Comment

Originally posted by LopezM3 View Post
            I'm in the middle of painting my car DS, just wet sanded the clear coat and waiting to buff it. It looks kinda flat black, I'll try to post pics. Maybe to get an idea
            any help would be great.....:thank you

Comment

I've seen a JP race car at VIR in April painted this way. Looked good. You might check F&SEnterprises web site to see if they have any pics, or perhaps Euroimage. Sorry, I don't know his car #.
              sigpic
              '88 Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Mpassioned View Post
                I've seen a JP race car at VIR in April painted this way. Looked good. You might check F&SEnterprises web site to see if they have any pics, or perhaps Euroimage. Sorry, I don't know his car #.
                This car?
                http://www.fandsenterprises.com/gall...368/index.html
                http://www.fandsenterprises.com/gall...368/index.html
                1986 Mercedes 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNJ-qVPBkU

Comment

no M3, but i'm really thinking of painting my Mtech II kitted 4-door flat black, or a flat army green (think F-bomb camaro) to give some contrast to my flat black ACT wheels that just got refinished:jakeroutine:

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                  they are not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    no M3, but i'm really thinking of painting my Mtech II kitted 4-door flat black, or a flat army green (think F-bomb camaro) to give some contrast to my flat black ACT wheels that just got refinished:jakeroutine:
                    Since when did you get a new car?

Show us some pics.
                    1988 M3
                    2012 335is
                    1993 Civic Si

Comment

That is an E36, look for car # 12 in the same series of pics, and that might be the one. Or it could have been the car that came together with another, the day before. That was sundays race.
                      sigpic
                      '88 Lachssilber

Comment

This car is flat black.
                        It's interesting and at first glance really looks out of place, but cool.
                        It has to be done right, otherwise, it will just look like a backyard spray bomb job. Take a wander over to www.bimmerforums.com and search for a thread about "Satin Black MCoupe" and you'll read about how they repainted certain parts of the car 8+(?) times to get it all right.

-C
                        Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Back in the late 80s, You could buy a new Jeep Wrangler in a flat green. They had to discontinue because too many people were trying to wax them.
                          What??? an E30 M3 for sale??? I'll be right there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post

This car is flat black.
                            It's interesting and at first glance really looks out of place, but cool.
                            It has to be done right, otherwise, it will just look like a backyard spray bomb job. Take a wander over to www.bimmerforums.com and search for a thread about "Satin Black MCoupe" and you'll read about how they repainted certain parts of the car 8+(?) times to get it all right.

-C
                            Car #12 is the car I was trying to link to but it would only link to the index and not directly to the pic. Either that or I don't know what an E30 is.:lostme:
                            1986 Mercedes 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNJ-qVPBkU

Comment

Originally posted by Mpassioned View Post
                              That is Scott Casagrande's car, BMW CCA Club Racing #12 JP

Painted flat black by Sansossio Autobody in Natick MA, the same shop that painted my Gulf E30 m3 and Mike Gilbert's Spec E36 - and all 3 cars have been pictured the last 3 issues of Grassroots Motorsports under the BMW CCA Club Racing section.
                              sigpic
                              2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
                              2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
                              2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
                              2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
                              2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

Comment

Working...
                              X