Couple shots with the new wheels....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple shots with the new wheels....

Morning all, below are a few shots of her with some new wheels. Just pulled her from hibernation last weekend. Enjoy. (Center caps were installed after the pics)

Mark M
    E30 M3 / E46 M3 / E83 X3

Looks good!

1991 M3 - SOLD | 1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Looks nice, Style 5's are the best! Any plans of maybe dropping the front a bit? Stock or upgraded springs? if upgraded, you can easily cut 1-2" it without affecting anything since the coil would still be supported by the bushing. It would looks best without the fender clearance.
      Did you polish the wheels?
      Last edited by BingM3; 04-24-2008, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Very clean look. The Style 5's compliment the red cars really well.

Comment

Hey Bing, thanks for the compliment. Yes, I do have plans to try and drop her a bit more. Currently she has H&R sport springs, the 318i version which does make it sit lower than the standard 325 / M3 version. (same spring rates).

Model 50404 1.25" / 1.25" vs Model 50406 1" / .75" respectively.

However, in the spirit of helping the economy, I plan on grabbing a set of H&R race springs and removing the front spring pads for even further drop. All in the near future.
          E30 M3 / E46 M3 / E83 X3

Comment

Wow looks good! What tire and tire size did you chose to go with all around?

Comment

Thanks M-TRD3, hope you found a solution for yours...recall you and I had a few messages on tire size options last week. For mine, I have the following.

215 40 17 front
              235 40 17 rear

Running the Goodyear F1-DS3s. Amazing tire, very grippy and long lasting too for a performance tire.

The 215 front are all but identical to the stock diameter 15" setup. However, the 235 rear is about 2.2% larger diameter, so my speedo is off slightly and it affects launch off the line just slightly. But hey....these wheels are not for racing....these are my showy rims. I have 15" RA1s for the track.
              Last edited by ///Empowered; 04-25-2008, 12:52 AM.
              E30 M3 / E46 M3 / E83 X3

Comment

^ Thanks Empowered, after much deliberation, earlier this week I ordered new Falken FK 452's in 235/40/17 for all corners, they actually arrive today, I really hope Im happy with them once theyre installed. Your pictures have me somewhat worried because the 215/40/17s look good upfront to me (not undersized at all like some people told me they would be) I hope the 235's up front for me wont look too big, especially seeing as my car isnt lowered... I guess only time will tell lol, I plan to have them on within the next week.

Your Help has been Much appreciated Empowered.

Comment

looks tits!
                  1990 e30 m3

Comment

It's sitting on a hill on the E brake so it's gonna have some squat in the butt. Looks fantastic, why does everyone else have such uber paint.... :( Spring time Jealousy is bad.

Is that another M hiding in the garage? Looks like an E36/4?
                    Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Looks sexy!!! Summer was here months ago, actually we didnt really have winter here. hahaha. jk.

Mariano

Comment

post some pics with the center caps on ! are you coming to trenton, nj meet on 5.3.08 ? ? ?

Comment

Yes, that is an E36 M 4 door hiding in the background.

Here she is in an older pic that has been up before. Full ground control coil overs with Konis. Fun car, great as a semi-daily-driver. An e34 is my all around everyday car. The e36 gets some occasional action. The e30 is the crown |auto-edit||auto-edit||auto-edit|el of my humble collection.

Last edited by ///Empowered; 04-25-2008, 09:41 AM.
                          E30 M3 / E46 M3 / E83 X3

Comment

Working...
                          X