My new wheels (E38 basketweaves)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new wheels (E38 basketweaves)

Well, they are new to me. E38 basketweaves, 16'x8'', 225/45/16 BFGoodrich g-force KDW II. Enjoy.

I like the looks of them more than my old Mili Miglia MMIIs (see sig for pic of old wheels). They bolt right up with no need for hubcentric rings. I did have to remove the anti-rattle clips on the front calipers.

-Jared
    Last edited by JaredwS; 05-01-2008, 10:02 AM.

they do look so much better!

Comment

Word. Can beat free on the wheels too! (sold snowboard on the way up to buy the wheels and then sold the tires that came with them = total amount I paid for the wheels! )

Comment

Solid upgrade. I like it. Very cheap alternative to the Evo or even the 88 M5 wheels.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Lookin' good! Always thought that was a clean looking wheel the way those center caps meld into the rest of the wheel.

Hey, how you like those BFG tires? I have them and want to see what you think of them.

I will not tell you my thoughts on them till you answer.

Comment

I'm going to be rocking the exact same wheels this year! looks excellent, how much are you lowered?
            cars suck!!

Comment

Quite a few people are running these wheels now, and they compliment the car really well.

Comment

so clean...are the wheels brand new? they look it.

Comment

I just got the BFGs on there today (less than 100 miles), Mostly freeway. So I have not gotten a chance to "test them out". What I have noticed so far is that they are relatively quiet on the free way compared to my shot yokohamas (anything is an up grade). They do seem to grip well under hard acceleration though. If the weather is decent this weekend I will be getting a good 45 minute drive through the twisties on my way to the beach.

As far as being lowered, I dont know exactly. The car came with Dinan Stg.2 suspension. So springs and bilsteins. I am guessing it is about an inch lower than stock, maybe a little more. But, these wheels look so much better than my old ones I think. I kind of like them more than the Evo wheels too, I know that is a sin to say that on here. But hell, they were cheaper for 4 with tires than a single evo wheel (and a half inch wider too). Thanks for the compliments!

-Jared

on a side note, the wheels had HORRIBLE brake dust when i bought them (about 7 years built up on the inside). I was going to powder coat them silver, but my wheel guy was able to get them really clean with a diluted acid wash. there are some minor scuffs/scratches and some paint wear between the spokes. But from 10ft they look near perfect.
                  Last edited by JaredwS; 05-01-2008, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I'm getting the exact same wheels! They definitely compliment the car real well. I wonder if anyone will want to buy the 15" stockers now? :P
                    Giancarlo
                    1990 M3

Comment

You will really like the KDWII's. If you autox much, set the front pressures to 40 (hot) and rears to about 38/39 (hot). That's what I have learned to set them at from the past few autox's. They have a really nice amount of grip.

Comment

Those were my track wheels, looks nice and simple..
                        Last edited by arvzs1; 05-14-2008, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Got them and they look gooood clean
                          91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
                          88 M3 AW Track Car s54
                          95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
                          04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Working...
                          X