wheel colour advice and thoughts please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel colour advice and thoughts please

The time has come to have my wheels refurbished but I cant decide what colour or shade to paint them.

My dilema is that I was going to have them painted nogaro as per evo sport untill I found a picture of a car with darker centers, I don't want black but I really fancy somewhere in between.

I also see lots of threads of BBS rims with gold centers which look fantastic but unfortunately they are out of my price range. has anyone painted standard 16" centers gold?
    If so please post a picture of them for me, or any gold wheels on a red car for that matter.

Here's my car, sorry for the strange light in the picture but my car is henna.

Click image for larger version

Name:	woods 013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	845802

And this is the darker shade of grey that I really like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	845803

I am quite useless with my computer but if anyone can change my centers to dark grey or gold, or put these rims onto my car so that I could make my mind up I would be greatfull.

I also have a set of smoked smileys and a set of black kidneys to be fitted aswell.

Whats your opinions and thoughts, As a group of enthusiasts, your feedback would mean a lot to me.

I'm looking to do the wheels and lights in a few weeks, so I'll post some pics when she's all done.

Cheers,

Paul
    sigpic

Here are some with what appear to be darker centers.

Should be nagaro in this pic, but very nice nonetheless.

Comment

this is another cool idea that i think would look really hot on your ride. black wheels w/ a red lip.

Comment

your affinity for the gold is so justified. gold bbs, matte finish, is the best for all e30 m3s... except in henna red. the gold clashes with the henna bigtime. henna will have no competition going on. i have personally been round and round with this and i can say that the best on a henna is the exact rims you have with nogaro silver in the center. to satisfy your darker craving, you can switch out the bmw logo center cap for the black and silver bbs center cap. you don't have to replace the whole cap, just snap in the three prong 70mm bbs center cap. perfect fit. and with nogaro silver backdrop... hot, hot, hot.

if you still want to go darker than nogaro, that would still be a better decision than the gold. henna looks great all the way down to black.
        the winningest racecar ever.

Comment

I vote for nogaro. I'm starting to stray away from black centers, I used to run them but after seeing them everywhere, I decided I don't really like them all that much. There are exceptions though...

Also, I've seen a one piece BBS refinished with a gold center, they look amazing. I just can't seem to find a picture right now :(
          Last edited by m3austin; 05-31-2008, 03:27 PM.
          Austin Driggers
          10/87-M3-Sold
          11/86-535is Da Red Rocket
          Some Coils, Some Rims, Some Euro, Some Win

Comment

Polish throughout or keep them silver and polish lips.

Comment

Is there a BMW paint code for nagaro silver?

I dont know if its my eye's, my PC or the light when people take their photo's but there seems to be many different shades of nagaro silver.

Sometimes it looks quite dark and sometimes it looks like brake dust.

I know I don't fancy black, or any matt colours but I an still leaning towards a shade of grey somewhere between the nagaro LM's posted above and the white car with the darker rims also above.
              The red car with the LM's look stunning and I'd cut off my right bollock for a set of those.

I would also still like to see a henna car with gold wheels, I cant make my mind up if it look look awesome with a retro look, or make my car look like subaru rally replica.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UDMCronin View Post
                Is there a BMW paint code for nagaro silver?
                243, iirc.

Comment

Got a pic that's a little less blown out? (less direct sunlight)

Last edited by speedminded; 06-01-2008, 08:42 PM.
                  AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

Comment

[quote=speedminded;294501]Got a pic that's a little less blown out? (less direct sunlight)

Wow, that looks superb,:fyeah:

Can I be a pain in the arse and ask you to do the same but instead of gold, can you do it in a grey that is slightly darker than negargo just so I can compare.

many thanks.

Paul.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Steve88M3 View Post
                    243, iirc.
                    Many thanks for this code, It'll save my body shop loads of hassle.

Cheers.
                    Last edited by UDMCronin; 06-02-2008, 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by speedminded View Post
                      Got a pic that's a little less blown out? (less direct sunlight)

Wow. I don't even like red/gold, but this looks schweeet!!
                      Mike
                      wtb-e30 M3 (blk)
                      ex-'86 e30 325
                      '97 e39
                      '86 911 Carrera

Comment

Is your rear wheel larger. Here you go.
                        Kevin

We've got you covered
                        www.seatkit.com
                        Your DIY upholstery source
                        [email protected]

Comment

for some reason I really like wheels that are black centers with silver lips ie cecotto but not all black.
                          Petro

Comment

Thanks KC67 but I think all black is a bit too much for me, maybe it'll look better on a white car.

I think I'm leaning towards gold at the moment, I need to make my mind up by next wednesday cos it's booked in at my bodyshop to have them done.

If anyone has any more suggestions please feel free to post them,

cheers guys.
                            sigpic

Comment

No worries I tried to make those graphite for you. I think the lighter anthracite always looks good.
                              I borrowed this car off e46 fanatics. But my touring has the same set up suspension and font end as mine, I have not installed mine. I just p-hoped my wheels on the car. This is the color I was going for, since mine will be powdercoated soon.
                              Kevin

We've got you covered
                              www.seatkit.com
                              Your DIY upholstery source
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X