Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• she comes from Germania

meet Claudia!
    she's an 88 with 112,000. bone stock except some aftermarket muffler the previous owner aquired. i got her october 07......haven't bothered to post pictures because i just now figured out how to!!!
    her best angle

very well maintained motor.......still pulls and revs smooth

minor rust issues, wheels need some restoration/replace w/ bbs rs

minor seat wear, carpets are clean

i dropped her off at VAC for a rebuild, 2.5 convert, stage 3 head, CF intake, KMS management, exterior + engine bay paint, + lot's of other goodies. and i pick her up in 58 DAYS!!! any way just wanted to get some before pics out there.
    can't F-N wait for the after pics!!!:ha:
    Last edited by PostmasterNY; 07-29-2008, 06:20 PM.
    JAMES
    sigpic

Nice - Awaiting after pics
    Evo

Comment

nice find! I want an interior in the condition

Comment

Man...another teaser thread. Can't wait for the final results.

Comment

YEA!!! your in Korea now and the car is stateside ay? not a bad idea.

A special thank you to:
          archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

I was gonna say theose pics are not Osan area housing. I was stationed there in just prior to the Olympics and at Suwon which is just up the road. We used to have an old 85 Ford Cortina that we acquired. Still have to be E6 and above to have wheels?

Where is the rust issues? Cowl? like most?
            Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

i got a follow-on to seoul, special duty, "accompanied" so i get to bring her over (my wife + the car) in jan......so that'l give me a few extra months to get some
              more goodies on her at VAC.:wee:

rust issues - bottom left winshield, right rear quarter panel, above rear license plate. but that will all be taken care of very soon.

cowl?????

i can handle korean drivers......... i've driven in spain, dubai, greece, italy, germany, france....those places are MUCH more hectic in my opinion. :HeadsSpinning:
              Last edited by PostmasterNY; 06-23-2008, 04:42 PM.
              JAMES
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PostmasterNY View Post
                i got a follow-on to seoul, special duty, "accompanied" so i get to bring her over (my wife + the car) in jan......so that'l give me a few extra months to get some
                more goodies on her at VAC.:wee:

rust issues - around lower left winshield, right rear quarter panel, above rear license plate. but that will all be taken care of very soon.

cowl?????

i can handle korean drivers......... i've driven in spain, dubai, greece, italy, germany, france....those places are MUCH more hectic in my opinion. :HeadsSpinning:

Nice car -- congrats!!!

Oh god --- driving in the Middle East is insane...
                -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

Originally posted by PostmasterNY View Post

cowl?????
                  It's the lower windshield area... I think you mentioned you have rust there around the lower left side. Typically is from an incorrectly replaced windshield where the drain holes are plugged up. :hi:
                  1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
                  1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
                  1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Originally posted by L James View Post
                    It's the lower windshield area... I think you mentioned you have rust there around the lower left side. Typically is from an incorrectly replaced windshield where the drain holes are plugged up. :hi:
                    learn something new everyday! :rastajake:
                    JAMES
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't know if I would have brought mine to Korea. How is the quality of fuel? Japan was fine but I remember Osan pumps being leaded and just converting over to unleaded.

Driving in Seoul in the weather aka snow would not be what I want to do. You going to Yongson Garrison or Kimpo?

Cowl is another word for the windshield header.

Comment

2 - 3 inches of snow a winter isn't very deturing........for me anyway.
                        i come from Rochester NY where we can easily aquire up to 2 feet of snow in 2 days.

yongsan area.

fuel is fine.
                        Last edited by PostmasterNY; 06-24-2008, 04:04 PM.
                        JAMES
                        sigpic

Comment

Guess it snowed more while I was there. I used to ski quite a bit when I was there. Have you been to Jeju-do? The climbing resort that used to be a special forces training site is cool.

Comment

no i haven't been there, but i will most likely check it out sometime next year.

yeah i would imagine they get much more snow in the mountains, but down here at osan, we didn't get hardly any last winter.
                            JAMES
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X