My new daily driver and the M3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new daily driver and the M3.

Well daily driving the M3 wasnt my plan so I decided to pick up my brother E30 325is he was selling. Clean as hell, tons of goodies and tons of potential.

Heres some pics:

And the only photo taken after I put some Ground Control coilovers on it.

And during. . .

And some pics my brother took of my M3 a while ago. . .

Cheers'
    "A Delicate Balance between Form and Function"

This is going to sound funny but I bought my M3 so it could be my daily driver instead of my LS7 GTO. Besides, it gets 30 mpg.
    Several E30 M3's.

More than I need but not as many as I want....

Comment

nice snag! way to keep it in the family!
      sigpic
      Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by inastrangeland View Post
        This is going to sound funny but I bought my M3 so it could be my daily driver instead of my LS7 GTO. Besides, it gets 30 mpg.
        That sounds like a ridiculously fun combination, but it does sound funny. Many of us have other cars as daily drivers because the e30 M3 is getting to be a bit of a classic.

The main complaint many have about the E30 M3 is the lack of torque. It must be so much more noticeable to you when you step out of the GTO.
        1987 Euro M3, Jet Black
        "BMW M cars: technically advanced, beautifully engineered, and the choice for total gits" -- Top Gear, Summer 2008

Comment

a little OT, but do you live in Orange County? I think I saw your car the other night.
          1986 Mercedes 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNJ-qVPBkU

Comment

Originally posted by Thor View Post
            That sounds like a ridiculously fun combination, but it does sound funny. Many of us have other cars as daily drivers because the e30 M3 is getting to be a bit of a classic.

The main complaint many have about the E30 M3 is the lack of torque. It must be so much more noticeable to you when you step out of the GTO.

Anything else feels very slow compared to the GTO so I don't mind the lack of torque, I expect it. If I feel the need for speed, I just take the goat for a drive. They are very different cars, the GTO weighs 3500 lbs vs. the M3 ~2850 lbs. The GTO will oversteer at will and the M3 just hangs in there. The GTO gets 15-17 mpg and the M3 gets 24-30 mpg. Just took the GTO on a long trip (2K miles) and it's a fantastic cruiser. Averaged 20 mpg.
            Several E30 M3's.

More than I need but not as many as I want....

Comment

Originally posted by project86 View Post
              a little OT, but do you live in Orange County? I think I saw your car the other night.
              He's in the south bay area (sunnyvale?)

Skyler, looking real good. I wish i picked up another e30 instead of the e34, the gas is killing me.
              ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook Fan Page - Twitter

Comment

very nice, french lows look rely good.....
                addicted to GOD.
                No more ....M.
                Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.HolyFireChurch.com
                www.DoxaGarments.com

Comment

Originally posted by paintpro21 View Post
                  He's in the south bay area (sunnyvale?)

Skyler, looking real good. I wish i picked up another e30 instead of the e34, the gas is killing me.
                  Santa Clara now, always moving. Yeah E34's have some weight to them, the E30 was getting 24mpg on the streets today coming to work.

Thanks for all the comments though, already threw some wheels on it today so pics to come as soon as I get my camera back.
                  "A Delicate Balance between Form and Function"

Comment

Working...
                  X