• Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Bimmerfest 2011

Comment

^very sinister

sigpic

Comment

I would have liked to get to know more of those Castro's guys.

Comment

Comment

flat black looks cool for about 10 minutes.....would hate it for permanent paint.

you could get the temporary peel away stuff.....don't know who makes it.....i seen an X5 with it and they said it cost around $500.
            JAMES
            sigpic

Comment

I think it looks OK, but I also think its when modding fads start to turn in on themselves. Why would anyone PAY to have their car look like the paint process hasnt been completed? Primered, if you will. I think its being different for the sake of doing something that hasnt (well, now it has) been done. Which is what modding philosophies evolve into. For me, theres a line between modding the car, and going too far to where you are over doing it. Again, I dont mind it, but if I apply some perspective to it, its like "wait, why would one do that? It looks like its just been primered and it isnt done being painted". The whole point is to make a car look BETTER, right? But Im not judging, Im only saying my personal opinion with modding cars, Im pretty conservative in that sense. If people wouldnt try new shit, we'd all be modding our cars the exact same way and that defeats the purpose of modifying a car. Theres room for all philosphies. Anyways, this wasnt a thread for discussing ones opinions on this particular fashion so Ill stop.

Mariano
              Last edited by CleanAzzE30z; 05-19-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                I would have liked to get to know more of those Castro's guys.
                Just stop by the shop some time Mariano, you're always welcome. [peace]
                Need a good mechanic/fabricator/performance shop in SoCal?
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155404

Castro Motorsport

12600 Sherman Way, Unit C
                North Hollywood, CA 91605
                (818) 765-3606

The Purple ///Monster Build:
                http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47251

Comment

I guess the correct term would be Matte black? I see a lot of new BMW's at car shows that have been repainted this "color". An older car...sure but a brand new BMW? that takes some balls.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                  85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                  91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                    Just stop by the shop some time Mariano, you're always welcome. [peace]
                    Thank you, bud!! Its a shame we didnt chat at Bfest... Its been a while.
                    Originally posted by Reelizmpro View Post
                    I guess the correct term would be Matte black? I see a lot of new BMW's at car shows that have been repainted this "color". An older car...sure but a brand new BMW? that takes some balls.
                    I agree.

Comment

Working...
                    X