The front half.. DAS Sport CF work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The front half.. DAS Sport CF work

Due to some last-minute complications we had with the decklid (shipping damage) the ass-end isn't quite complete, but here's what she looks like from the front

From DAS Sport we have the:
    CF vented hood
    CF front bumper
    CF front splitter
    Injection-molded mirrors
    SPA Technique oil cooler
    Rollbar w/ removeable harness bar

Stay tuned.. here's a couple shots to get the ball rolling. I do not have pricing as of yet, but should very soon.

Alex McHenry

that is sexyyyy. that third shot is money.

im guessing the front bumper will only come like that, and not with the indent for the stripes? also, is there any mesh on the bottom opening? i know mine digested a rock right into the radiator on the track thanks to the lack of any type of guard on the fiberatrz bumper.
    "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
    onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

WOW! That looks amazing. Great work.

Comment

There is mesh in the center, which i may change to something else, but for now i like it fine. I can't decide if the factory E36 or other M3/M5 mesh would look right.

I likes.
        Alex McHenry

Comment

the e36 honeycomb would look great.
          "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
          "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
          onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsha007
              that is sexyyyy.
              Like lace.

I like the dark accents of all the new pieces.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
                Like lace.

I like the dark accents of all the new pieces.

Thanks Dave, the black and white theme is exactly what i'm trying to achieve with the new look. The rear wing will have an exposed CF center with the white supports, and the rear bumper will also be completely white (CF diffuser to come).

The only thing then is the rear badging and taillights.. i was thinkin maybe smoked tails again, but i dunno if i like how they look. The red and orange reflectors make it look pink, maybe if you Dremel'd those out it'd look right. *shrug* thoughts?
                Alex McHenry

Comment

What kind of rollbar is that in the back?
                  Prin7

Comment

Looks like they did a great job on the bumper. Certainly gives your car a unique look. I really want to see how the M3L wing looks together with the front and rear apron.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

The roll bar was done at CDOC, but will be sold under the DAS Sport product line. It will not have a removeable bar though. Barry, the bumper really is clean and i think without the stripe it looks great because the air dam draws you away from it. I know people like the stripe, but when done cleanly i think it tidies it up even more.. and of course its smoother and more aerodynamic.
                      Alex McHenry

Comment

WOW! I take back everything I ever said! Seriously, that is one menacing looking E30 M3! "Grrrrrr" has definitely been inserted with authority.

I really like how the visual cues from the hood vents, center vent, and brake cooling vents all work together. It just seems very harmonious. And I'm not just blowing sunshine up your ass.

I would like to see that tow hook covered though, but other than that, from a style point of view I think you've nailed it. I also agree that the more dramatic lines below the bumper work better with the smoothed over bumper lines. I normally don't care for the smoothed over look but I think it works in this case.

Well done Alex. I'm really impressed. Youíve pulled off a very one off look thatís not over the top.

Jake Larsen

Comment

Originally posted by Jake
                          Youíve pulled off a very one off look thatís not over the top.

Jake Larsen
                          I think Jake descibes it best!

Looks GREAT!!!

elefantsupply.com

Comment

Nice pictures... Got some more ???

If you lose the striping and powdercoat the wheels white, it`s just perfect, IMO.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Jake, I always felt confident that this project would turn out very well. It was only normal for people to criticize anything being done that isn't factory, and for me to take flak for it. However, I've been in love with the E30 M3 forever and i've always had styling cues that i wanted to implement, and i think we did a great job of doing so. Its one-off for now, but most of the parts will be available though some of mine have custom tweaks.

The pinstripe will be gone at some point when i repaint the sides of the car, and the wheels may end up being 18" SSR Comps or something like that, we'll see..
                              Alex McHenry

Comment

Working...
                              X