No announcement yet.

Florida Alpine rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow night but got the pans on, oil recirc canister on the drivers side, and both engine mount brackets. No pics on those, but it's sure starting to get big!

sigpic
    '72 Inka M20-Turbo 2002
    '88 Alpine M3 - sadly SOLD
    '03 Carbon M3
    '10 Tri-color S1000

Comment

Very mice S14 transformation. I just hope that for your sanity's sake, you 'lost' the price brakedown...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1989 Zinnoberrot 325is - 1990 Brillantrot M3

Comment

Looks great Curtis!

Jake

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I got an extra front subframe reinforced and painted up nice and gloss black so that is on my list of to-do's soon before I drop the motor in the car. Also, I was replacing all of the exhaust manifold studs with the Turner stainless kit and one had broken off. Still working on that too since it won't even budge with an easy out. Any good s14 tricks for those little guys? This one does not wanna move with any method of extraction. Everybody have a great weekend, updates soon!
          sigpic
          '72 Inka M20-Turbo 2002
          '03 Carbon M3
          '10 Tri-color S1000

Comment

Small updates, the motor is 99% done and I will be working on prepping and painting the engine bay next. Pics to come as progress happens.

Got most of the hoses figured out and the engine mount brackets installed.

Where does this strap mount to on the alternator?

Anyone got this little elbow that this hose goes to or know where that tiny little plastic nipple attaches?

Any of these look important or can anyone identify them?
            sigpic
            '72 Inka M20-Turbo 2002
            '03 Carbon M3
            '10 Tri-color S1000

Comment

your best bet is to go on realoem.com and check everything.. It makes things a lot easier.

Comment

I've been using it for quite a bit and seem to have all hoses on or figured out but still have all of these. They may be for other cars and that wouldn't surprise me with the mess of parts that came with it! As for the alternator cable shown, I am guessing it just goes to one of the case bolts on the alternator due to it's length and limited options. More pictures to come soon as I progress on the engine bay!
                sigpic
                '72 Inka M20-Turbo 2002
                '03 Carbon M3
                '10 Tri-color S1000

Comment

Nice to see another one resurrect.

Comment

Finally some progress! I got my injectors cleaned and rebuilt at Cruzin Performance and he does a great job and gives you a before and after readout. So those are all installed and I put the plug wires on to add some color to this gorgeous motor!

Next came painting the engine bay which I traded a friend my labor on his E36 M3 for his time to give this thing a quick prep and white spray. Looks WAYYY better; enjoy!
                    BEFORE:

AFTER:

Now onto some more touchup and to transfer in my pretty new reinforced subframe!
                    Last edited by M20Curtis; 02-02-2011, 03:44 AM.
                    sigpic
                    '72 Inka M20-Turbo 2002
                    '03 Carbon M3
                    '10 Tri-color S1000

Comment

Got around to swapping the subframe out so I can continue with getting the motor in the car. Who knows what happened to this old subframe!

Half way, excuse the mess of tools and dirt that fell out while swapping. It will be all pretty and cleaned up today.
                      sigpic
                      '72 Inka M20-Turbo 2002
                      '03 Carbon M3
                      '10 Tri-color S1000

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Exhaust is on, other small pieces on, getting ready to go in the car:

Engine on the hoist, new throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and clutch and flywheel installed, ready to drop it all in!

New subframe installed, ready for the engine!

In her final resting place, now the fun of hooking it all up to get it started soon!

Engine gets to see daylight. S14's are such a pretty motor!

Next to-do's for this week will be to bolt the motor completely to the tranny, check over all the coolant, air, and oil hoses, install oil cooler with new filter, finish up wiring (mostly done) and to bolt up all the exhaust and finish up the custom muffler setup with a few easy welds.
                          sigpic
                          '72 Inka M20-Turbo 2002
                          '03 Carbon M3
                          '10 Tri-color S1000

Comment

crap you forgot to put the valve cover gasket on you left it in window.Thats dedication and hard work wish mine was like that awsome!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Comment

Haha, you scared me for a second, but yes, I bought that one and then ended up buying an entire top end kit which had another. Thanks and I hope she runs as good as the effort I am putting into it!
                              sigpic
                              '72 Inka M20-Turbo 2002
                              '03 Carbon M3
                              '10 Tri-color S1000

Comment

Engine all bolted in and mated to the tranny nice and tight, Oil cooler installed with new Fram filter just for a few miles of break-in, brand new starter in and bolted up, lots more little stuff completed and she will run soon!

Looking very complete, now to get the radiator and all hoses hooked up next!
                                sigpic
                                '72 Inka M20-Turbo 2002
                                '03 Carbon M3
                                '10 Tri-color S1000

Comment

Working...
                                X