Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M20Curtis
    replied
    Hey Phillip, hope all is well with the car and can't wait to see your updates and keep the car going in the right direction!

Leave a comment:

• 5ivelug_ek
    replied
    stumbled across this thread today. I will post up some updates soon...

Leave a comment:

• M20Curtis
    replied
    Sad to see her go... everyone keep an eye out for the car in the San Antonio area, the new owner will take great care of her, told him to join on s14.net, and I'm sure you will like his progress. Thanks for all of the help, this is the best board on the net!

Leave a comment:

• M20Curtis
    replied
    Yes, didn't sell but still looking at options to move her to a new happy home. Too many projects going on; I'll have to get another E30 down the road as life slows down...

Leave a comment:

• Stylesme30
    replied
    is this the car for sale on ebay?

Leave a comment:

• mpire
    replied
    So I have a hypothetical question for you guys.

What do you think that drive train would sell for on its own without the car?

Leave a comment:

• Ceccoto
    replied
    Really nice build thread. Congrats, amazing work. Hope you enjoy it ;-)

Best

Leave a comment:

• M20Curtis
    replied
    All cleaned for the weekend; rack up a few more miles and smiles!

Leave a comment:

• JCapelo
    replied
    Time for a drop, Maybee some evo spoilers.

we Def need to get the two together for some pics.

Leave a comment:

• M20Curtis
    replied
    Car is running great, 850 miles on her now and running strong, but still not looking aggressive enough for me. Anyone have any ideas? I feel that even stock E30 M3's look very aggressive on stock wheels and I am starting to think it's the big back tires on this car. What do you guys think? Time for smaller rear tires? Ground Control coils? Stop me...I'm addicted!

Leave a comment:

• M20Curtis
    replied
    Thanks Jeff, we need to get the two together soon!

Leave a comment:

• JCapelo
    replied
    Great work Curtis.

Leave a comment:

• M20Curtis
    replied
    Thank you, just did the first oil change and all looks and seems good, just paranoid since my last failure, even though we found faulty parts and all is corrected.

450 miles down, many more to come!

Leave a comment:

• polobai
    replied
    I've built a couple high horse power Supra motors-in most oil pumps there is a relief spring that will bleed off pressure after a certain amount. I am not sure on the amount for the s14 motor-but 50 lbs sounds about right. You don't want too much more pressure or else you will start blowing seals. Everything seems fine the way it is now. (my Supra is the same running 20w50 Valvoline VR1 racing oil).

Leave a comment:

• M20Curtis
    replied
    A couple of questions for those engine builders out there. My VDO gauge shows 40psi of oil pressure at cold idle, and wont go much above about 50psi in slow, cold driving. Once warm all the way, the gauge reads about 15psi at idle and then up to 40psi in driving. Is this about normal or anything to worry about?

20w50 mineral oil and brand new oil pump so I see no reason for any failures, but I am just being paranoid. Also, oil temp never even goes over the first has mark on the dash which is about 165-170 if I am correct. Anyone have any input to help me out?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X