Let's see the track cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see the track cars.

Sorry guys. I am tired of looking at your pretty rides. I want to see some track cars: street/track, track, and purpose built!

I'll start.

Last edited by temple; 03-24-2011, 03:31 PM.

:nice!:
    88 M3 DS 89 M3 Zinno

Comment

Which roll bar is that? And are those TR C1 wheels with the hohos? I have a set of RA1s on some stock basket weaves that are both old and getting really near end of life. The TR wheels are on sale at tirerack....

I'm torn on my car, I've still got the full interior it'd be a shame to rip it out. Maybe I'll do what you've done and just remove the rear seat and put in some race seats. All completely reversible.

I've only got this picture of the previous owner at the local track

For some reason all the events I've been to recently in the M3 have not had a photographer.

-chris
      Last edited by christsay; 03-25-2011, 02:28 PM.
      1988 M3
      2007 Lotus Exige S

Comment

what restraints are you running? I see a harness bar but no harnesses or sub belt slot.

-chris
        1988 M3
        2007 Lotus Exige S

Comment

Schroth harness. Evil genius racing role bar and yes they are the Tirerack wheels. I have a couple sets. Love them!

Comment

I don't get it, you said you didn't want to see pretty rides yet you post one. Paint looks flawless on that!!
            @slowprogress

Comment

Thanks for the compliment but she's not that cute in person. That's a 900 dollar track car paint job and that photo was shot 3 weeks afterwards. Has scratches now.

I like show/garage queen cars but I prefer to look at how people set-up there track cars!

Comment

Yeah, I got a quote to fix up / respray mine and it'd be about $1500 but there is always something mechanical or performance I'd rather spend the car budget on.

so far I've overhauled the suspension (bilstein sports + H&R race), replaced everything in the cooling system, and currently waiting on parts to freshen up the fuel side. I think after fueling I'll just be left with ignition to update but that was done recently by the PO, fingers crossed engine/tranny/diff internals stay well behaved.

After I thrash the M3 at the track for a week as a shakedown I'll swap over engine harnesses and install the Maxx and airbox.

Then move onto race seats and a roll bar... the seats and harnesses in the lotus have really spoiled me.

Question about your roll bar, think you could have just moved the carpet near where it bolts into the floor behind the seats or did you drill holes through the carpet. I think cardinal carpet is hard to find now a days and I'd hate to drill through it for the VSR bar.

-chris
                1988 M3
                2007 Lotus Exige S

Comment

Look at your first photo looks like you have a flap lol
                  weird huh not the large thing but the outline above wing.
                  I will take some photos off my car looks like a track car lol.
                  but it just looks like one?
                  was stock when bought it but I just love the 1/18 scale models too much and all those dtm utube clips!
                  you have a cool toy love to own a full DTM spec car.
                  but I can sit in my garage and just stare at the dtm look .
                  I guess I should get some gaint posters of dtm racing track events.
                  Put a fan in front of window.I will buy full race suit.I will get some loud speakers surround and Dtm race sound track hop in the car in garage and live out my fantasy
                  :mario::iamright:
                  I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Comment

Originally posted by Carfantiti View Post
                    Look at your first photo looks like you have a flap lol
                    weird huh not the large thing but the outline above wing.
                    I will take some photos off my car looks like a track car lol.
                    but it just looks like one?
                    was stock when bought it but I just love the 1/18 scale models too much and all those dtm utube clips!
                    you have a cool toy love to own a full DTM spec car.
                    but I can sit in my garage and just stare at the dtm look .
                    I guess I should get some gaint posters of dtm racing track events.
                    Put a fan in front of window.I will buy full race suit.I will get some loud speakers surround and Dtm race sound track hop in the car in garage and live out my fantasy
                    :mario::iamright:
                    WTF are you trying to say?

Meanwhile, here is a favorite of my car - not on the track, but I love the other M3 in the background:

Comment

I think he is trying to be funny?

Comment

Sorry, not an M3, but it just came in from Germany and I picked it up today! I'm glad to be re-united with my track rat!

I'm going to take some new pictures this evening :blues:

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                        they are not idiots.

Comment

Eric, wtf are you doing in San Angelo?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E30 325is / E30 318i / E36 ti / Alfa Romeo

Comment

[ QUOTE]Question about your roll bar, think you could have just moved the carpet near where it bolts into the floor behind the seats or did you drill holes through the carpet. [/QUOTE]

Rollbars should be welded, if they are going to work properly. I suppose you could pull the carpet back though?

Comment

This is mine !

Comment

Working...
                              X