No announcement yet.

Another paint thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be done at the body shop in the next couple of weeks. It's been a very frustrating experience. Coming up on 2 years. I have been in the process of moving my house and garage, so I haven't been as worried about it. Plus after this long, it doesn't even seem to exist.

I just had to move all of my parts out of the storage area above my garage for the move. It's crazy how many parts an M3 has. I have 3 large pallets at my work of parts, a bunch of stuff stored at my dad's garage.

I am going over to the body shop to check in tomorrow. Will update.
    Ryan M
    88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
    07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
    05 Outback XT

Comment

Is the car finally painted?

Comment

It is not. Not been a smooth process. Pulled the car out of the body shop about 4 months ago. All the bodywork is done and looks good. Finally found someone to paint it I am comfortable with and it is getting dropped of Nov 10. Hopefully it works out or its going on BAT.

I'll update later.

Ryan M
        88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
        07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
        05 Outback XT

Comment

Dropped car off today. Dropped the shell, front fenders and hood. He is going to paint them first and then I will start bringing over the rest of the pieces. Update with pics as soon as I get some.

Ryan M
          88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
          07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
          05 Outback XT

Comment

Wow - thread started in 2011. I was paging through waiting to see the results. Good luck with the rest of the restoration!

Comment

Ryan M
              88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
              07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
              05 Outback XT

Comment

After 3.5 years, I finally have paint on my M3. Going to see it Friday. Painter sent me these pics. Pretty excited right now.
                Last edited by Ryan M; 12-22-2014, 11:38 AM.
                Ryan M
                88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
                07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
                05 Outback XT

Comment

lets see the finished photos :-)

Comment

Finally gave up the battle. Going on almost 4 years. Most of car has been painted. Just waiting on a couple of small parts. New body shop has been great to deal with. I haven't touched the car and realized I have no free time.

Packed the M3 and the numerous boxes of parts up in a 28' trailer and headed up to VSR.

Met Mario and Chris, who are going to finish up the mess I created. I haven't seen that many M3s in one place since a SIGfest.

M3 tucked away for now at VSR.

The pile of parts that make an M3. Quite the puzzle.

It was great meeting the VSR team. Very comfortable with taking it up there.

Will update as I get more info.
                    Ryan M
                    88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
                    07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
                    05 Outback XT

Comment

Think of it as the full-size Lego M3...
                      We'll find you a white driving suit for pick-up so there can be a Lego STIG in the drivers seat.

It was nice to finally meet you in person Ryan.
                      Hope you guys had a smooth ride home!

-Chris
                      Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

I plan on being at VSR on Friday to pick up my car. Mario spent a good amount of time with me when I brought the car in, talking through all of the issues and observations with the car. His knowledge of these cars is incredible. I can't wait to get mine back at home - I'll say hello to your car while I am there!

Comment

Working...
                        X