My Henna car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Henna car

here is my 88 that I bought recently. Car has 30k original miles and just had a major service/restore to get the car back to original 100% mechanical spec. Added new intake gaskets, new clutch, as well as updated Mtech steering wheel, 17 inch wheels, conforti chip. The rest is stock and will remain that way. Car runs perfect now.

1985 Alpina B7 Turbo #116
    1988 M5 Euro'd
    1988 M3
    2002 M5
    2003 Discovery2 TReK Edition

Many of us on here know the car (if it's the one I think it is)....it has a good history, and now looks better than ever!

Enjoy,

John

Comment

sorry for the crappy phone pics .
      Yes this was Warthogs car. I had a hell of a time getting the paint straight after repairing dings etc...Drivers door, rocker panels had to be resprayed and I did it all single stage.(what a nightmare that was to match) Car was in great shape when I got it but it did need some work. Now it is done (wallet is lighter) but she is 100% right. Time to enjoy, show and drool over. Sending the stock wheels out to be redone and also have a new set of M5 E28 wheels for the stock look in 16s, although I really am enjoying the Style 42 look

thanks again

David
      1988 M5 Euro'd
      1988 M3
      2002 M5

Comment

Looking good. The stock cars rode very well on the streets and a pleasure to drive.
        I wouldn't mind rocking a completely stock car for semi daily use. Congrats on the car.

Comment

Oops forgot to say, it does have complete dinan/bilstein suspension so I guess it is not completely stock. Also has a EVO airbox. I do have all the stock parts. It handles great and it is streetable, not too stiff.
          1988 M5 Euro'd
          1988 M3
          2002 M5

Comment

Wow, I was really close to pulling the trigger on this car. Glad you got it sorted out. Looks great!! Time to enjoy it....
            sigpic

1990 M3 Diamond Schwartz/Silver
            1989 325is Zinnoberrot/Black
            Things I've flown and driven

Comment

Gorgeous! (from a slightly biased Henna/Pearl owner)

Personally I would ditch the 42's and stick with the stock wheels.

Congrats, that is one nice example.
              2001 530i
              1988 M3
              1973 2002

Comment

I think the E28 M5 wheels look awesome on these cars! Just look at SSaylor's gorgeous example if you need an example!:-) But your car will look awesome with "any" wheels on it...simply gorgeous. That car started out in Virginia (owner was with PTG Group), then Wharthog bought it after looking like "forever" it seemed (as I was looking about the same time)...back in '08. So, it went to CA, then back to (well, we know where it went don't we?), now it's with a good owner where it belongs & it will hopefully stay!

Enjoy it!

Best Wishes,

John

Comment

Beautiful! Now this is the kind of E30 M3 I like to see. No BS, just straight up E30 M3 perfection. Congrats GaAlpinaOwner!

Jake

Comment

Thanks so much guys - seems there were several of you looking at this car. I feel lucky to have found it and to aquire it. Now it is 100% and too fun to drive.

Yea regarding the wheels,
                    The style 42s happened to work because I had them as extras. They are not my favorite wheel but they cost me next to nothing when they were being blown out by BMW. I think they look pretty good on these cars IMO.
                    As far as the stock 15s....yea they keep the car looking stock but they are too tiny for the car and look completely out of proportion IMHO. I have them and plan on a refinish at some point and will keep them for the originality factor.
                    My preference was to buy some EVO 16s but they are few and far between and the ones I found cost over 2.3k....this was hard to swallow.
                    The M5 wheels are so close to the EVO wheels and are the perfect look for OEM, seem to be slightly wider than EVO, and I have a brand new set. I will buy some 16" rubber and keep them as a spare set for shows etc..

I luv this era BMW ie..the eightys . I own both a E28 88 M5 and this 88 M3. They are both great cars and both are so different yet so cool.
                    1988 M5 Euro'd
                    1988 M3
                    2002 M5

Comment

Working...
                    X